• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector XL in the box

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a new in the box thrust vector XL black on black that I purchased for my 2016 Yamaha 190 FSH. Installed it on the boat tried it two times in a local river took it off and put the Cobra back on as I preferred to Cobra. Now I've sold the boat so anyone interested $90 includes shipping

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not trying to be a jerk or whatever, but you may want to post this in the classified section. Ask an admin they can probably just move it for you. Might get more traction there, as anyone with a 19’ could use it.

Aaronm007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a new in the box thrust vector XL black on black that I purchased for my 2016 Yamaha 190 FSH. Installed it on the boat tried it two times in a local river took it off and put the Cobra back on as I preferred to Cobra. Now I've sold the boat so anyone interested $90 includes shipping
What was it about the cobra that made you like it more?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First of all the construction of the Cobra is far superior, being made of aluminium. The Cobra is a fixed system meaning it does not retract under power like the TV does. That has pros and cons. The pros are with that design the Cobra almost serves as a trim tab, allowing the boat to use the flat portion of the cobra to help reduce any porpoising at speed. It also does not spray water on the swim platform like the TV. On the con side , being it does not retract it causes a bit of a heaving feeling in the steering in turns. So if your out pulling the kids on a tube it takes a bit more effort to turn the wheel. Now with that said it also causes the boat to track nice and straight under power as well. I could cruise at about 26mph and take my hand off the wheel and she would stay on a pretty straight line. I also thought it was superior in reverse also. However not a 100% on that as I only made two trips with the TV and wind certainly could have been an issue there. All in all both provide a huge improvement. I went with Cobras on my new 210 as well. Hope this helps

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, very helpful! Thank you much!