• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Thrust Vector XV Launch and New SeaDek Options Newsletter

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys,

We just dropped a new newsletter and are introducing the new Thrust Vector XV to the world.
10866161_924348357604907_5968173419508803576_o.jpg

We have been selling the XV product in dealerships for the past few months and have been getting great feedback from customers that have used them.

You should have a copy of our newsletter in your inbox if you're on our mailing list. If you don't subscribe to our newsletter you can check it by pasting the link below in your browser:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...FBUH_3mdTY-3JXLGFTNa8shz-2xl2leD8=&id=preview

Also we will be closing out our Thrust Vector XL stock which is very limited! All Thrust Vector XL product is closeout priced and the sale will end when the inventory is completely sold through. This pricing is available through the use of this e-mail newsletter and you must call 850-867-1410 to get this special closeout pricing.

Bear in mind that Thrust Vector XL will not work on 2015 model boats. XL's do work on all 2014 and prior year models.

Also there are a few other promos in the newsletter and a review of the new SeaDek options available this year.

As always let us know if you have any questions. I can be reached at 850-960-3236.

Good stuff, Will ~!

We wanted to give our dealers ample time to sell through their existing XL stock before we closed them out. That is why we waited so long.

Will,

We spoke yesterday on my new AR240. What do I need to do to sign up for the newsletter?

Ken

X2

Thanks Will I just signed up.

Me too. Thanks!

Will........I love the new chocolate over black Sea-Dek color.

Yes it was hand selected by Yamaha designers to match their upholstery.

What does the upgrade path from existing XL's to XV's look like?

Hey guys,

We just dropped a new newsletter and are introducing the new Thrust Vector XV to the world.
10866161_924348357604907_5968173419508803576_o.jpg

We have been selling the XV product in dealerships for the past few months and have been getting great feedback from customers that have used them.

You should have a copy of our newsletter in your inbox if you're on our mailing list. If you don't subscribe to our newsletter you can check it by pasting the link below in your browser:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=q7btr9mab&v=001QGVxMVttOObj-ra-NV7RD0jJ5SCM09D7Pma5J5w7ybovs19EBhjZdzBqvqEfmD5qAIUSjlRKIMOZj9k2vQ1v5HiTsVU7lXKIaKxH7JOE2M80rvzj57J1la55mqtTxg1-dtq50KjxxT74ftDYW754JRmF_ugqYMwCHfjqAKjEDTSWo52c_AoKfsh1ggk22tr5X-dWot9mmBo8DqUHfMCCn8dzsF9CuHnbSEjU_Y95JG9oRNHAYDqQGKao5-UtbSi3fbHf_pc1xJFU2A7oPbX1jLcUNc1opjyha8jP2O2auaFBUH_3mdTY-3JXLGFTNa8shz-2xl2leD8=&id=preview

Also we will be closing out our Thrust Vector XL stock which is very limited! All Thrust Vector XL product is closeout priced and the sale will end when the inventory is completely sold through. This pricing is available through the use of this e-mail newsletter and you must call 850-867-1410 to get this special closeout pricing.

Bear in mind that Thrust Vector XL will not work on 2015 model boats. XL's do work on all 2014 and prior year models.

Also there are a few other promos in the newsletter and a review of the new SeaDek options available this year.

As always let us know if you have any questions. I can be reached at 850-960-3236.

It would be the same as the current upgrade program but you really don't need to upgrade to XV's. There is not enough difference between the two to justify the expense.

Hmm...so you are mirroring the keel-rudder concept, but not getting significant results out of it?

I always thought that getting below the hull and into less-displaced water would make a bigger difference than the nozzle connection. Interesting.

Not sure if I understand your first comment. We've found that adding the Thrust Vectors to the new models greatly enhances the steering at slow speeds. The reason being that they are in the solid non cavitated water beneath the hull unlike the center pine rudder that Yamaha is using.

@JetBoatPilot Thanks I also signed up. Looking forward to your knowledgeable newsletter!

@troybox the difference between the XL and the XV's are the cutout for the pushrod on the new keel. Just a different design for the new boats but same concept as before.

Gotcha. I'm still in my '10 242LS with XL's...sounds like no upgrades required.

Will, off subject here.....how's the sound proofing kit for the front of engine hatch you guys were coming out with going?

Hey will. Have you considered reversing the direction of the steering cable bolt to nut up when fins are installed. Doing so would allow jet pump removal without having to loosen/remove the starboard fin pivot bolt/spring. The steering cable attach bolt is too long to sneak out without bolt/spring interference. I will probably reverse mine but want thoughts if that is a bad idea (other than the bolt drops out and disconnects steering if the locknut ever comes loose).

@Seadeals I have not had to reverse the bolt but what you're saying makes sense. I don't think you'll have issues with the nylock coming loose.

The Thrust Vector XV is a five fin system while the Thrust Vector XL is a four fin system. We include a 5th fin in the XV kit which has a cut away for the connecting rod on articulating keel model Yamaha boats. We had to change the shape of the fin a bit and modify our cross member to allow for the connecting rod to clear all of our components. The systems work similarly and there is really no need to upgrade from the XL to the XV unless you want the red over black color which was not available in the XL line.

The sound deadening kits are about to come online. We have posted some info about them on our flickr page but have not actually sold any yet. I am working out some details concerning shipping. These will be large boxes and I need to find a reasonable method to ship the entire kit.

Here's the link to the page in the catalog:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110764339@N03/15700807923/in/set-72157648055907913

Back