• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector XV - Twin vs Single

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wanted red but dealer only had Twin, so they took half the kit to put on single AR195. Anyone know if they are the same?

Also I know the newer models have a spray guard. Does this have it? Attached pic!

Attachments

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks the same. 2:45 in this video.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You have the spray guard on your boat so you're good to go in that regard. The twin engine Thrust Vectors and single Thrust Vectors are the same except that the twins come with a fifth fin which has a cutaway for the connecting rod which connects the deflector nozzle to the articulating keel.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Awesome thanks! So looks like I am good then. May be interested in that reverse thrust at some point. Reverse is not nearly as easy as my old BRP Rotax jet. Some learning curve there for me.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good deal! You'll love the new Lateral Thrusters. We're almost through the development of the final product. The first articles are coming tomorrow for evaluation. Once approved we'll be shipping parts likely next month. We shipped some earlier but they were made from machined aluminum and have been revised since.