• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vector

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got these installed today. Hopefully they're as amazing as everyone says.. 20140426_105249.jpg

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hmm? I thought the seadoo's low speed handling was pretty good, at least that is what I had always heard. Let us know what you think!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Over all I do pretty good without them. But can get a little hairy docking and loading with a little wind. Hopefully I get a little faster reaction time. At least that's what I'm hoping. Will know later today.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got these installed today. Hopefully they're as amazing as everyone says..
Simply and succinctly put ........
THEY ARE ! ("as amazing as everyone says.")
Enjoy .......... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any feedback on how the Thrust Vectors performed?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have only been out once so far. The boat definitely reacts a lot quicker. Which in turn keeps me from over steering all the time. Definitely money well spent. The biggest thing I noticed was going straight at low speeds not always having to correct course.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
+1 on that review, she handles quicker now after putting mine on too. Have both the wife and I more confidence when docking, etc.

Thanks for the great product Will!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome! Glad to hear that they helped out. Would any of you mind writing a review for our website? We just launched a new site in November and lost all of our original reviews when we made the changeover.

If you can write a review you can do so by clicking here

http://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_product=7&controller=product

Next you will need to login and then look for this link:

If the review is positive I will approve it and make it live on the site.

Thanks again fellas!

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmm? I thought the seadoo's low speed handling was pretty good, at least that is what I had always heard. Let us know what you think!
I've owned a late model SeaDoo Challenger 210 and now a Yamaha and I would say that as far as low speed steering goes they are roughly the same. However I think the SeaDoo is far and away easier to dock and it all has to do with the throttle. The throttle on the SeaDoo will engage forward and reverse within about 1 inch or less of throttle movement. I could go back and forth between forward and reverse easily and creep up to the dock as slowly as I wanted. With the Yamaha forward doesn't really engage until after the first detent which seems like 4 or 5 inches of movement from neutral. So to do the same thing I did on the SeaDoo with the Yamaha I have to move the throttles back and forth a long way which takes more time and is more prone to over throttling. I do plan on picking up a throttle sync so I don't have to worry about moving both throttles evenly which I think will help a little bit.

Jamie fry

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hope these are as good as everyone says, I just ordered a set!! My wife hates steering the boat through the no wake zones!!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Guys ... There are literally HUNDREDS of these in use. :winkingthumbsup"
I personally cannot remember a member here who commented that he was A) unhappy with his purchase or B) had removed his Thrust Vectors.

You can also do a simple "Search" using the SEARCH window above - top right of this and any page on this website - to locate and read even more extremely positive comments about how owners feel about these.
:thumbsup:

One of the other very nice parts about this item is that if and when there is even the smallest issue involving the Thrust Vectors, or their installation, or a missing item, Will Owen, the inventor and designer of the Thrust Vectors and chief cook and bottle washer @ Jet Boat Pilot, has always responded quickly and addressed the issue completely. I guess that's why so many Yamaha BOAT DEALERS are also dealers for Jet Boat Pilot products, including the Thrust Vectors.

Happy upcoming 4th of July to all.
Mikey Lulejian - On a very rainy and not so hot Lake Oconee, GA [flag]

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love ours. We had a hairy experience in a tight ramp that led directly to slipped boats. After that "all hands out of the boat before we hit something experience", I put a set of these on and never looked back. What a great product.

SimiEd

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I've been thinking of installing these on my 2010 Challenger 180. Seems like everyone who has installed them have positive results. How difficult is the installation?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@SimiEd the install is really simple. Takes about 5 minutes per engine.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
GREAT decision, @SimiEd.

@JetBoatPilot's products are always TOP NOTCH !!!!!!!!!!
And Will is such a great guy to work with.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

SimiEd

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just ordered a thrust vector kit from Jet Boat Pilot. I'll post a review once I install the kit and do a trial run.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I order mine and installed them a few months ago.. they work as n promised.. the boat tracks better and at idle speeds there is a lot less steering.. the only thing I do not like is on my boat when we r cruising just fast enough to be on plane there is a constant mist of spray that catches the wind and cover the back seats of the boat... still trying to figure it out.

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Out of curiosity, what are they made of? Are they breakable?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We make them from an impact resistant polymer which is also made for Marine use.

We also put a lifetime warranty with it so you will have no worries.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Do they help at all when the boat is in plane? I notice mine tends to wonder a little of I don't keep steering