• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors... are they worth it?

Lion of Judah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thrust vectors... are they worth it for an AR 195 2020 or due to the articulating keel I will see no modification at all

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not sure about the 2020 model but hard no to think the more rudders you have in the water the better the boat will respond also keep in mind thrust vectors move up at speed so you don't get the extra control,

cobrajet steering fins you can "lock" down or whatever angle you choose for always on steering,

it's whatever you prefer, we have many posts about them and you can visit their websites, it's pretty straight forward,

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wanted to weigh in on this one: As a new owner of Thrust Vector Wake fins I can say you will really notice the addition instantly. As #Scottintexas points out, the higher speeds won't be affected much, but I found it much easier to steer while wake surfing at speeds less than 10 miles per hour. The response time of the boat when turning the steering wheel is drastically increased. We trailer in the Illinois River almost every weekend, and due to the current (as well as a busy 4 boat ramp launch) the control I picked up with the fins is priceless. I have a 2021 AR195, so basically the same boat you have. I would suggest Yamaha puts these stock on all future boats.

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
After a few outing my wife and I didn't have issues with slow speeds single or twin. Ours is the wandering you get at speeds from 20 to 35, any rollers you get they just push you around.

markallan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife would not drive or dock she hated it until I got the vectors now she loves it and I can sit back and relax