• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vectors for BRP Powered Jet Boats vs Factory Steering Video

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We just produced a video this morning that will help to illustrate the dramatic increase in slow speed steering responsiveness after adding Thrust Vectors to your Scarab, Chaparral, Glastron or SeaDoo jet boat.

Here's the link:

Get yours with free shipping now through the end of the month. Parts on hand are limited at the moment so you may see a bit of a backlog. We have new parts on order and will fill orders as quickly as we can.

Also the new versions will include the new spray guard which eliminates mist and spray that could get into the cockpit at high speeds.

As always thank you for your continued support!

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We just produced a video this morning that will help to illustrate the dramatic increase in slow speed steering responsiveness after adding Thrust Vectors to your Scarab, Chaparral, Glastron or SeaDoo jet boat.

Here's the link:

Get yours with free shipping now through the end of the month. Parts on hand are limited at the moment so you may see a bit of a backlog. We have new parts on order and will fill orders as quickly as we can.

Also the new versions will include the new spray guard which eliminates mist and spray that could get into the cockpit at high speeds.

As always thank you for your continued support!
What does the spray guard look like? Just wondering if I have it. Just got mine during the last group purchase.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Its on the video in the intro. It's the cross member which has been widened in the center to deflect water back underneath the reverse bucket at high speeds.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its on the video in the intro. It's the cross member which has been widened in the center to deflect water back underneath the reverse bucket at high speeds.
Ah, I don't think I have those but I'm not sure if I need them. Haven't had the boat out much yet.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have a twin or single engine?

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Why don't the boat manufacturers include this as standard equipment? Money I assume.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jameskeller76 you don't need the spray guard on your boat as the swim platform is long enough water cannot travel around the edge to get back into the boat, regardless of the version of Thrust Vectors that you have.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, what a difference!

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jameskeller76 you don't need the spray guard on your boat as the swim platform is long enough water cannot travel around the edge to get back into the boat, regardless of the version of Thrust Vectors that you have.
Makes sense. I certainly haven't noticed any spray. Thanks!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce I don't know why I did not produce a video years ago, with the exception of maybe I thought that Scarab and Chaparral were young and did not have many boats out there to work with. Now that a few years have passed and there are lots of boaters out there that could have a need for this product, it seems like this video is well timed.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just ordered a set, based on the vid, they should help with loading, docking and no wake zones. Wife gets "annoyed" when it takes her a couple tries to lined up.;)

Will any issues with WOT spins bending them? I don't do them as often with the bigger boat, but will happen occasionally..

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At high speeds they are up out of the water and should not come in contact with the flow. However if you're able to bend or damage them due to a high speed turn we will gladly warranty any parts you may need. We've tried to damage them and can't seem to do it. Thanks for your order!

Would you mind writing a review once you've tested them out?

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will were is that boat ramp (what rd) I know you took me there but was not reading Rd signs lol. I liked using the lynn haven ramp but they have shut it down. Last time I used st. Andrews but really did not like it. Too hard to find parking and a good approach with the truck.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@fireflymedic it is at the end of Michigan down a little side street

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I've had the Thrust Vectors installed for a couple weeks now on my Sea Doo Challenger 210. The slow speed tracking improvement is just as the video shows. I put them thru the paces last week with a few full speed turns, slides, spins etc. Did not appear to cause any damage. Our place in the Adirondacks is on a hydro-power lake with a canal. Last week everyone must have had the AC running as plant was running wide open, and the current in the canal was running at 3 - 4 mph. Here's where I really noticed the improvement, both going with and against the current. The boat tracked much straighter with less side to side "wiggle" and corrections needed. Going with the current, the boat could be in neutral and still navigate the canal.

Overall I'm pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone who wants to take the wiggle out of their handling at idle speeds.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the writeup Scott! We're glad that they worked well for you. We are working diligently to streamline the BRP version of our Thrust Vector product line to ensure that they adhere to our quality standards.

As you know we are working to learn more about the BRP powered jet boats and since we don't have test subjects here on a regular basis we're not able to get as much data as we'd like. Please keep in touch with me as you use them and let us know any ways that we can improve the product!