• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vectors - Review

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last weekend I installed the new thrust Vectors X for the 2019 boats from JetboatPilot. It took me 2 hours and you really need to watch the video as I am non mechanically inclined. But I got it done and everything looks good.

The only thing I didn't like is you turn the bolt that holds the steering upside down so if the nut were to loosen the bolt would fall out completely. Any advise on this? (Pic attached).

I am going to take the boat out this weekend and report back with a full review.

IMG_20190504_135422.jpgIMG_20190504_134800.jpg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's a nylon nut on that bolt. That's not going ANYWHERE. When the tornado comes, you can brace on that bolt and nut....it's not moving.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks nice. Looking forward to hearing how it works.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the TVs and LTs last weekend and thought the same thing about the steering bolt. I went ahead and put a dab of blue loctite on the bolt. Like beachbummer said though, that bolt is not going anywhere. I can't wait to try everything out once the weather cooperates.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like rain all this weekend in Charlotte, NC. Have to wait till next weekend.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do you boat? I keep my boat trailered at Riverside Marina. I think I am the only trailered boat so i have the ramp to myself,

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As an FYI, installing the bolt with the nut on top allows you to disconnect the steering cable rod in the future (to remove the jet pump) without having to uninstall the thrust vectors. With it the other way, everything has to come back off to get the bolt out and you get to fiddle with the bushings, spacers, spring tension and thread lock all over again.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally good weekend weather in Charlotte. Took the boat out and it was like steering an outboard. I let it idle off the trailer and was able to steer at 2-3 mph with no issues. I tried them out a bit and could not notice a performance difference at high speed. But the steering was a 1000% improvement.

On a side note my family was in for the weekend so we had 8 adults totaling 1200 lbs. We we're able to get on plane at about 7000 rpm then back it down to 6500 rpm and still hit 25 mph with a moderate chop and the Bimini top up.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally good weekend weather in Charlotte. Took the boat out and it was like steering an outboard. I let it idle off the trailer and was able to steer at 2-3 mph with no issues. I tried them out a bit and could not notice a performance difference at high speed. But the steering was a 1000% improvement.

On a side note my family was in for the weekend so we had 8 adults totaling 1200 lbs. We we're able to get on plane at about 7000 rpm then back it down to 6500 rpm and still hit 25 mph with a moderate chop and the Bimini top up.
TV's are go up as you go and are for low speed steering.