• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tilt out trash can in console?

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any thoughts on installing one of these in the console of an AR192? It looks like there is plenty of room.

For sure it would be the most expensive trash can I've ever bought in my life.

tilt out trash can door

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any thoughts on installing one of these in the console of an AR192? It looks like there is plenty of room.

For sure it would be the most expensive trash can I've ever bought in my life.

tilt out trash can door
I don't have the AR192, so I can't help. But I will say that looks awesome, my wife would love it and it would be worth the expense. We haven't found a good solution yet. I'm going to look into this for a 242. Thanks for sharing!

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I showed it to my wife and she was more excited than when I asked her to marry me!

I don't have the AR192, so I can't help. But I will say that looks awesome, my wife would love it and it would be worth the expense. We haven't found a good solution yet. I'm going to look into this for a 242. Thanks for sharing!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where exactly are you going to install? I like it a lot, just not exactly sure where it would go.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Even a more expensive option would be to add the door from the newer models. You have to buy the door, trash can and clip for the trash can separate but you would also gain access to the space behind the helm. Might be more expensive but you end up getting more storage as well! Just another option.

Door:

Can:
[/URL]

Can Clip:
[/URL]

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you put it at the helm console area it should fit just fine.

I put this door in my helm area panel, and it was a snug fit. it has a rough opening of 11-3/8 x 22-3/8. Your pull out trash container shows a rough opening of 9-3/4 x 14-5/8. So the rough area will easily fit.

Keep in mind that the area behind this opening is not "free space" the foot space for the captain protrudes into this space, and might cause you some issues with the tilt functionality. See my picture below:

1608741478618.png

Let me know if you want some measurements and I'll see what I can figure out for you.

*edit*......With all that said, I have had the idea to make the front seat cushion back "tilt out" in the same manner to hold a trash can. Aside from the $195 price tag, I like this hardware. Could possibly be retrofit into use the seatback instead of the door.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

I put this door in my helm area panel, and it was a snug fit. it has a rough opening of 11-3/8 x 22-3/8. Your pull out trash container shows a rough opening of 9-3/4 x 14-5/8. So the rough area will easily fit.

Keep in mind that the area behind this opening is not "free space" the foot space for the captain protrudes into this space, and might cause you some issues with the tilt functionality. See my picture below:

View attachment 139115

Let me know if you want some measurements and I'll see what I can figure out for you.

*edit*......With all that said, I have had the idea to make the front seat cushion back "tilt out" in the same manner to hold a trash can. Aside from the $195 price tag, I like this hardware. Could possibly be retrofit into use the seatback instead of the door.
Just curious, do the AR19's have an access door there already or do get access through the seat back? The 242's have an access door which is why I'm asking.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Another option is what we bought: Amazon.com : Boat Trash Bag - Large Hoop Mesh Trash Bag for Your Boat : Sports & Outdoors

We clip this onto the port side of the boat. It straps perfectly between the tower and the grab handle in the boat. Hangs outside of the boat so accessible by people without having to climb in. Stays on at 50mph. Expands enough to fit enough cans and cigar butts from a full day on the water. Easy clean-up - just remove kitchen garbage bag. If you happen to get a puncture on the plastic bag the mess drips outside of the boat (happened once) and the bag is easy enough to hand wash.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Another option is what we bought: Amazon.com : Boat Trash Bag - Large Hoop Mesh Trash Bag for Your Boat : Sports & Outdoors

We clip this onto the port side of the boat. It straps perfectly between the tower and the grab handle in the boat. Hangs outside of the boat so accessible by people without having to climb in. Stays on at 50mph. Expands enough to fit enough cans and cigar butts from a full day on the water. Easy clean-up - just remove kitchen garbage bag. If you happen to get a puncture on the plastic bag the mess drips outside of the boat (happened once) and the bag is easy enough to hand wash.
Interesting. I have one of these and it didn't make any sense to me because it all just drips all over the boat. Didn't even think about it being outside the boat or putting a garbage bag inside. Thanks!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious, do the AR19's have an access door there already or do get access through the seat back? The 242's have an access door which is why I'm asking.
I think they put that access door there from the factory starting in '18 or '19 on the 19ft boats. No idea why they didn't do it before then.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes, The 2020 and 2021 AR19's have an access door there already, and get this....they mounted a trash can on the inside of the door so it becomes available when you swing open the door. The trash can is on two hooks, so it's removable if necessary.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Interesting. I have one of these and it didn't make any sense to me because it all just drips all over the boat. Didn't even think about it being outside the boat or putting a garbage bag inside. Thanks!
Here's how I do it. Take off the plastic "mouth." Take your plastic bag and draw out as much of the draw-strings as possible, with the goal being to make the plastic bag opening as close to the size as the plastic piece. Put the mouth of the bag around the outside of the plastic. Take the two drawstring ends and tie them around the outside of the bag, also around the plastic mouth. Then slip the plastic bag into the canvas bag, tighten the drawstring, and hang.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here's how I do it. Take off the plastic "mouth." Take your plastic bag and draw out as much of the draw-strings as possible, with the goal being to make the plastic bag opening as close to the size as the plastic piece. Put the mouth of the bag around the outside of the plastic. Take the two drawstring ends and tie them around the outside of the bag, also around the plastic mouth. Then slip the plastic bag into the canvas bag, tighten the drawstring, and hang.
Beautiful! I'll give it a shot. Thank you!

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 139115

Thanks, this is a helpful photo. My initial measurements are that it is narrow enough that it should clear, but if I decide to go this route I'll mock it up in carboard and try the fit first.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, this is a helpful photo. My initial measurements are that it is narrow enough that it should clear, but if I decide to go this route I'll mock it up in carboard and try the fit first.
When you do, maybe make sure you get the outside thickness correct, and then make sure your ski locker door will clear it. It looks like it should but that would be a drag if it didn’t.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you do, maybe make sure you get the outside thickness correct, and then make sure your ski locker door will clear it. It looks like it should but that would be a drag if it didn’t.
Definitely check this.

My console door and ski locker door interfere if they're both open at the same time. Have to close one to open the other.

Also, I moved my door UP a few inches to ensure that the ski locker door cleared the CLOSED console door.