• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Time to replace my connex screen?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have seen connext not boot up, frozen screens, and no touch ability but not lines on the screen.
Thats a new one to me.
Are they available?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have seen connext not boot up, frozen screens, and no touch ability but not lines on the screen.
Thats a new one to me.
Are they available?
somebody made them LOL

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Marvin willis I haven't seen that either, but it looks like a common electronics issue with displays. If it's from a 2018 model, you should be able to get a replacement.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I love the touchscreen and what they can offer in terms of everything in one, I am sort of glad that I still have the analog gauges. Less chance of something breaking down. Best of luck in the search, and if you do find something, hopefully it doesn't drain the account.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agree w The Cannuck - This kind of stuff is why I'm not all too excited to buy a new boat and am really considering shipping mine back to the mainland when I come back in a few years. Much prefer analog equipment for the user gauges and would appreciate Yamaha going to the OBD2 port like cars. Hate not having the reasonable ability (cost) to trouble shoot my boat with a scanner... Yamaha - Im a Fan but you can do better.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI - I may have a display out of a 2017 ar240 soon. I think at least one other member has right of first refusal on it. Here is a pic of it on a week or so ago while the boat was on a trailer not in the water.

Given the cost, even used, I would just keeping using the faulty until it’s no longer functional before buying a replacement. However, I’d be assuming the risk that replacement displays may no longer be available/manufactured if or when I need one.

I’m with @HawaiiBreeze when it comes to these integrated systems. When the climate control went out on my wife’s car, we lost the sound and navigation systems as well. Not long ago a member here had his display stolen which made his boat much more difficult to operate.
A10BBC7D-4011-4E84-BA9B-2FDC1248A917.jpeg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree w The Cannuck - This kind of stuff is why I'm not all too excited to buy a new boat and am really considering shipping mine back to the mainland when I come back in a few years. Much prefer analog equipment for the user gauges and would appreciate Yamaha going to the OBD2 port like cars. Hate not having the reasonable ability (cost) to trouble shoot my boat with a scanner... Yamaha - Im a Fan but you can do better.
This seems to really only be a problem with Yamaha, and I really hope they wise up and move on from it (though I'm not likely to buy another Yamaha). Every other manufacturer I can think of uses an off the shelf display you can get locally or next day from Amazon and unencrypted NMEA. Screen dies? Pop in a new screen for a few hundred bucks in an hour. I think the list price on the tiniest connext screen is north of $4K.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$4k !!! That may be correct for other models but yamaha sports plaza wants a lot less, ONLY $2,232 for the display and another $139 for the cover.

Mine is for sale or soon will be for 50% of the new price or 75% of the used price, both online, plus actual shipping and container/box costs.

The supply chain may be more stable now but I think availability is the bigger issue. For example, I ordered a single coil in November 2021, I was told it was on back order a few days later, it was delivered in December 2022. Recently I found out that the pistons are on back order indefinitely. Worse than backordered are parts that are no longer manufactured.

E717ECB1-1CEC-4377-8C92-AE96AE01FF0F.png4F817D50-EAB4-45AD-8F71-5B6C040A64B5.png

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Everyone should check the mounting screws on the back of the screen behind the helm! They don’t have locknuts and come loose super easy subjecting the unit to extra shaking and bouncing. Factory or design flaw. I had to tighten them all back down again. Added some locktight blue. Will see how that works.