• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tips and advice for keeping Scarab 195 on a mooring.

DarrenHBH14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open G
Boat Length
Hi there,

I’m planning to keep my 2018 Scarab 195 open in the water on a mooring this summer (in Dorset, UK).
Any advice or suggestions on how I should treat the hull to prevent fouling and anything else I should know?

I’d really appreciate some good advice!

Thank you
DH

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good advice? Well, so far only one answering is me, so the good part is questionable... But I will give it my best shot.

Dorset is on the coast, so I assume this will be in salt. I do know that fouling rates can vary based on temperature and water conditions, so it first may pay to ask around local marinas and general boat owners to see how bad fouling gets there. In the southern US here we can get significant fouling (like 2 weeks and you have to mow your hull). Up north things can be significantly slower, to the point that some just pull at the end of the season and clean the hull (which, yes, is messy and ugly, but doable with the right cleaner).

If fouling is liable to be an issue in your area, the only solution that I have seen is to paint antifouling paint onto the fiberglass hull. Downside is that solution does not last forever and must be periodically repainted.

That's about all I know. Hope it helps some.