• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tips for taking your Valentine waterskiing in February - in Utah

jasoraso

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are few tips for taking your valentine waterskiing in February, in Utah:
1 - Have several warm days in Salt Lake - temps around 60 degrees or so (and ignore the fact that the water temp is probably still less than 50).

2 - Have a forecast for 70 degrees on Saturday, Feb 14, and a teenager who bugs you for several days saying "Can we go waterskiing on Saturday, it's going to be 70!".

3 - Don't get intimidated when the thermometer in the car reads 61 when you pull into the marina

4 - Find a shallow place to stand on one foot (a life jacket can make the rocks on the bottom feel softer), while holding the foot with the ski (preferably a fat water ski) out of the water, when there is just a little bit of slack - say "hit it", and hold on tight!!!!
2015-02-14%2014.41.52%20%28Medium%29.jpg

5 - Enjoy the calm water since there is no one else crazy enough to be on the water:
2015-02-14%2015.33.14%20%28Medium%29.jpg

2015-02-14%2015.16.03%20%28Medium%29.jpg

(poor wakeboarder we brought couldn't beach start like us :()

6 - Have the boat drive parallel to the shore, and then let go and slowly sink into the mud in 2ft of water (I love the shallow draft of the Yamaha - just keep it on plane while shallow :), then idle the boat to pick up the skier.
2015-02-14%2015.33.54%20%28Medium%29.jpg

7 - Give your valentine a BIG hug after picking her up out of the water:
2015-02-14%2015.51.53%20%28Medium%29.jpg

8. Once your valentine warms up, take her snow skiing the next day:
2015-02-16%2012.56.56%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Global Warming in Utah: Water-skiing on Feb 14th (after 30 min drive from my house), and snow skiing in a snowstorm the next day (Feb 16) (after a 30 min drive from my house).

The 67" base at Snowbird worries me that I need to get all of waterskiing in now, and that there won't be any water in the reservoirs come summer :(

@jasoraso .............. WOW !!!!!!!!!!! Great thread. Really neato photos, and super family. Thanks for sharing. Nice !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - Wish "my water" was half as warm as yours !

Looks like fun! We too were able to get out on the water last weekend! No skiing though. 41 degree water temps.

It's definitely going to be a tough year for those that boat on reservoirs in the western US.

That's a great recap and incredible pictures. Thanks for posting

That is awesome! Great thing you have a jet boat with how low Utah lake is. I didn't even think it would be possible to launch until late spring since the marina is only 3' deep in some areas and the lake itself is 3.5' low (Utah lake is only 11' deep in the deepest places). I am super jealous though!

You Utahans are brave souls! Great story and pics however!

I dig boating when it's 60's, but sub-50 water temp? No sir, not for me. I'll be peeing over the side of the boat.

WOW! You guys are COMMITTED!!!

hahaha....I thought of doing the same thing....but the RV show and brief periods of sanity got in the way.

Looks like you had a ton of fun.

Jon

You probably drove past my house on your way to snowbird ski resort, I live on Wasatch blvd in Sandy

winter-146.gif

We should have a beer night or something. There are a handful of us in sandy/draper.

Sounds good, I'm a fan of Epic Beers, I'll PM you.

Back