• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tips on getting the boat to be tilted back while on maxed out jack.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The lot where I keep my boat is slanted down and when I put the jack down, it almost hits the ground, leaving no room for me to put anything under it to lift the boat higher. My boat is level at best with the wheel cranked out all the way and would like to tilt it higher to let water drain. I'm considering either taking the wheel off (which I would rather not do) or look at other jack options (which I would rather not do. Ha!) but before I do those, just curious if anyone has any other solutions for this issue. Thanks!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When you back in, get some 2x6 blocks to put under the rear wheels of tow vehicle just before you get to your final stopping place. That would raise the rear of the truck giving you more clearance at the jack. ??

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When you back in, get some 2x6 blocks to put under the rear wheels of tow vehicle just before you get to your final stopping place. That would raise the rear of the truck giving you more clearance at the jack. ??
That's the kind of creative thinking I needed. I'm heading to Lowes now to pick up some boards. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks! This doesn't seem like a huge deal, but the rain water seeps in through the cover and just sits there, leaving me with a mess.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a similar issue. I'm able to drop my jack, raise the trailer up a foot or so, put a cinder block with a 4x4 under the trailer tongue, retract the trailer jack, put some pieces of 2x10 under the jack wheel and jack it up again. Only takes a minute or so.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a similar issue. I'm able to drop my jack, raise the trailer up a foot or so, put a cinder block with a 4x4 under the trailer tongue, retract the trailer jack, put some pieces of 2x10 under the jack wheel and jack it up again. Only takes a minute or so.
That makes a lot of sense. Will probably go that route. The idea of putting boards under the SUV tires is going to make it difficult to re-hitch I believe. I’m thinking I would have to be spot-on each time.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That makes a lot of sense. Will probably go that route. The idea of putting boards under the SUV tires is going to make it difficult to re-hitch I believe. I’m thinking I would have to be spot-on each time.
Lol! You didn’t say you wanted to hook it back up! You just wanted to raise up the front. Lol ;)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do this with a jack stand. Then put blocking under the jack wheel. Lather/Rinse/Repeat until you have enough altitude on the tongue to get your water to run out.

You can see it being employed here.......but this was to get the engine level on my downgraded driveway so I could change the oil.
IMG_20190428_143853.jpg

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I do this with a jack stand. Then put blocking under the jack wheel. Lather/Rinse/Repeat until you have enough altitude on the tongue to get your water to run out.
Thanks! I’m glad I asked this group. The solution was so simple but I wasn’t smart enough to figure it out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

You can see it being employed here.......but this was to get the engine level on my downgraded driveway so I could change the oil.
View attachment 96807
I didn't have a jack stand handy, so I just cut 2 large hunks of 2x6 I had laying around to the length of distance between the tongue and the driveway (block the tires really well! ) Then I would just jack it up, stick my large chunk of wood under the tongue, lower it onto the wood and retract the jack and put a cinder block under it (with one of those small wheel cups on it).

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I didn't have a jack stand handy, so I just cut 2 large hunks of 2x6 I had laying around to the length of distance between the tongue and the driveway (block the tires really well! ) Then I would just jack it up, stick my large chunk of wood under the tongue, lower it onto the wood and retract the jack and put a cinder block under it (with one of those small wheel cups on it).
View attachment 96810
Yep, this is what I'm going to do as well. It's all coming together. I just measured the length of board I need. Now I need to find one of those wheel cups. Thanks everyone!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might do that for next year. I need to slow down the outflow of boat related funds. Lol!

That right there is just crazy talk. Think about the big picture, next year you won't have all these big expenditures or projects so you'll be able to enjoy the boat even more! Yep, that's the line I fed my wife, and even if she didn't buy it, she didn't throw anything heavy at my head! LOL

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks amazing! However, I’m not there yet in terms of spending that much on this. Or I should probably say my wife isn’t. She’s still upset with me purchasing Rejex and 303. Ha!

Offer her some of your "new" chapstick :angelic:

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a couple 2x6s with a cut out for the wheel on top. Gives me a few more inches.