• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

To those of you thinking about Lake Powell this year...

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Castla Rock cutoff should have enough water in it to reopen, based on watershed projections for the melting snowpack this year.... This cutoff saves about 10 miles going upstream..

090422-0669.jpg

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.co...ain-glen-canyon-national-recreation-area24563

The landscapes out west are like none other. Wish it wasn't 2200 miles and two major mountain ranges away from where I lived....

Reactions: 007
Already booked our Trip to Powell !!
We are out of Wawheap also, heard Castle rock was also being dredged for deeper channel.
Very excited.

We were just watching this tonight at dinner with our Crew for the 2014 Trip!!!

http://vimeo.com/m/72171870

Our Powell Trip is booked for the end of June.

The landscapes out west are like none other. Wish it wasn't 2200 miles and two major mountain ranges away from where I lived....

Where do you general go boating around the area?

Where do you general go boating around the area?

I live on Breton Bay so 90% of the time I'm there. Occasionally I pull the boat and head over to Solomons or Annapolis. How about you? I'd assume more DC area or do you make the hike to Lake Anna? Either way fresh water is a plus!

Already booked our Trip to Powell !!
We are out of Wawheap also, heard Castle rock was also being dredged for deeper channel.
Very excited.

We were just watching this tonight at dinner with our Crew for the 2014 Trip!!!

http://vimeo.com/m/72171870
That's an awesome video.

Just FYI....

WEATHER.jpg
The weather is beautiful in the Grand Circle region and the water at Lake Powell is surprisingly warm for most of the season. It can get pretty hot in July and August, so you may want to schedule your vacation for the milder months of May, June or September.

Springtime (March, April & May) can be very windy and the water is still cold (you'll need a wetsuit for skiing). Spring weather is highly unpredictable and a cold snap in March is not uncommon. The advantage of travelling this time of year is that availability of accommodations and rentals are greater. June, July and August tend to be very hot, very crowded and availability can be tough. September is the ideal month for travel to Lake Powell as the air temperature has cooled off a bit, yet the water is still extremely warm and the crowds have dispersed somewhat. It usually rains a great deal in September. Early October is surprisingly a great time to visit Lake Powell as long as the weather holds. The lake is relatively empty and the water is usually still warm enough for skiing or swimming -- even into the third week of the month. However, is seems as if more and more visitors have discovered that travelling during the "shoulder season" is better than the summer months.

Average water temperatures fluctuate from a chilly 46 degrees F in February to an inviting 80 degrees F in August. Cold water months: January, 47; March, 52; December, 53; April 54; November 62. Warmest water months: July and September, 76; June, 70; May, 64, October, 69. Don't let cold water scare you away, there's always fishing!

Water Temperatures are available through the National Park Service at 928-608-6404 -- Carl Hayden Visitor Center keeps track.

Average high, average low and water temperatures in degrees farenheit are as follows:

clearpixel.gif

Month

Average
High

Average
Low

Average Surface
Water Temperature

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

I live on Breton Bay so 90% of the time I'm there. Occasionally I pull the boat and head over to Solomons or Annapolis. How about you? I'd assume more DC area or do you make the hike to Lake Anna? Either way fresh water is a plus!

I keep my boat at a marina near Occoquan on the Potomac. Takes me about 35 minutes to ride to National Harbor by boa from my marina. I will be taking my boat down to Lake Anna tomorrow for service. For cruising and water toys, Potomac and for fishing Chesapeake Beach area. I will be exploring Lake Anna this summer.

Back