• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

To wakeboard or not to wakeboard... That is the question!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The forecast says 74 degrees here on Saturday. I am hell bent on one more trip out in the boat this year. I'm starting to think that I might even go wakeboarding one more time before hanging the board up for the season.

Here's the catch... The river temperature is currently sitting at a chilly 62 degrees! Has anyone ever tried wakeboarding at that temperature without a wet/dry suit on? If so I'd love to hear how it went.

w/wetsuit you'd be fine....w/o that will be pretty d*mn cold!!!!

It will be cold especially after accounting for the windchill.

^^agree, wind chill will be your Achilles heel, but your only alive once :D

Watch out for shinkage.:penguin::bawling:
This is what I was thinking.....LOL

On a serious note, we surfed up in Portland in 62 degree water and 65 degree air temp. We had a wet suit and it was still cold.

That's pretty cold. I've done it in 66 and that was plenty cold for me. Not unbearable but definitely not comfortable! 62 would probably be too cold for me!

Thank you for the replies. After a quick google search on Hypothermia it looks like 60 degrees won't kill me, but it will be very uncomfortable. I'm still leaning towards trying it, God only knows I have done much dumber things in my life. I very well might chicken out, but we'll see. I will report back later this weekend.

water temp.jpg

That's my normal lake temp in May. Brisk but man up and its ok for short durations. The cheap shorty wetsuits make a big difference. Cam.

i saw 74 tomorrow and thought damn its suppose to be the same here then seen you are also in ky, we are going to the lake tomorrow for probably our last trip out, im still debating if i will be bringing boards and my wetsuit along for our trip or just cruise around

If I had a wetsuit I think it would be a no brainer.

It's nice to see a fellow Kentuckian here. What lake do you go to?

we usually go to taylorsville as much as i dislike it but its close to me, but we prefer going to green river when we have the time to make the drive

If it was the spring you would be in a rush to jump in the water. Just do it!

Reactions: 007
62 degrees??
Come on - man up! Tequila would be advisable!

enjoy. it sounds like fun, we go in lake michigan when it is 63 degrees

Going ot for a cruise and lunch at Sandbar grill for my moms birthday. Subs off, bimini put away, and extra blankets. On plane it takes a whopping ten minutes or so to go around the lake

Two observations from today.

1. HOLY S*%T that water was FREEZING!
2. I had a blast!

PA251450.JPG

Glad to see you haven't been neutered. There is a real incentive not to fall.

Back