• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tongue Scale Available in DFW ( don’t tow with 875lbs on the hitch )

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I switched to an aluminum trailer and I just loaded the boat on it. From the lake to the house I noticed the truck was bouncing like a kangaroo.
I checked the weight today and it almost 900lbs:eek:

I will move the post to take care it, but if anyone is concerned about his/her tongue weight and you are in the area, you are more than welcome to use the scale

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much was it and where did you pick it up I'm curious to weight mine since moving it back.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will look for the receipt but @Mainah posted a link a couple of months ago.
The one I got was 0 too 1000lbs and it around $145 shipped

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I switched to an aluminum trailer and I just loaded the boat on it. From the lake to the house I noticed the truck was bouncing like a kangaroo.
I checked the weight today and it almost 900lbs:eek:

I will move the post to take care it, but if anyone is concerned about his/her tongue weight and you are in the area, you are more than welcome to use the scale
Yikes more than double what it should be.
That scale is worth every penny as safety equipment IMO and that much weight may have busted two normal bathroom scales.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik, I found a hitch cover for you
upload_2018-4-23_22-7-35.jpeg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yikes more than double what it should be.
That scale is worth every penny as safety equipment IMO and that much weight may have busted two normal bathroom scales.
@Mainah maybe I can work something out to just borrow your on the Hilton Head run for a few minutes?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bet you can rent that thing out for $30 bucks a pop and just ship it around like the scupper wrenches. I'd be in line.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah maybe I can work something out to just borrow your on the Hilton Head run for a few minutes?
I will bring it along. Just bring a bike pump with a schrader connector.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bet you can rent that thing out for $30 bucks a pop and just ship it around like the scupper wrenches. I'd be in line.
I did not think about that....

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much is your tounge weight after sliding it back?

480lbs with about 18 inches backwards. I am estimating about 5,300lbs as total weight, but I will take it for measuring next weekend.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
now it is still about 6 inches more forward than where yours is, but still 480lbs I can live with. 875lbs was crazy. I was in rush to move the boat because the buyer for my old trailer was coming in less than 24 hours.

I am making progress on the trailer though.

• moved the post
  • put stolz bow stopper
  • replaced guide post with my old ones ( including the fabric around the PVCs)
  • installed LED on top the guide posts
  • lowered the fenders
  • installed Parkit360 driving shaft
still pending
  • weigh trailer/boat
  • move the post a little bit further back
  • replace middle bunks to 8 foot longs ( so it can catch and center the boat quicker and provide extra support
  • replace the capter on the rear bunks
  • adjust all bunks so the make full contact
  • install spare tire
kind of thinking to sale the 14 wheels and tires and replace them with 19 inch. The dealer said that it cannot be done, but I think I can do it :jimlad:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
kind of thinking to sale the 14 wheels and tires and replace them with 19 inch. The dealer said that it cannot be done, but I think I can do it :jimlad:
Consider that may make it more difficult to launch the boat when using shallow ramps, or in low water conditions. Which is the primary reason, for me, to stay with the 14" for now albeit the 15" would probably be best overall, with good tire choices etc.

EDIT: I'm talking about the Shorland'r trailer, of course, I lost track of what you up to...

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
somebody, was it gmtech? had a good write up about upgrading tire size, with the distance you trailer at times it would be worth it,

where are you going to get it weighed?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My guess is 5,250 lbs with that sweet aluminum trailer, two batteries, a nearly full tank of fuel.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
somebody, was it gmtech? had a good write up about upgrading tire size, with the distance you trailer at times it would be worth it,

where are you going to get it weighed?
Yes it was @gmtech. Load capability increases greatly at 15inch and we are in the edge at 14 inch was the just of it. I opted not to buy tire covers knowing once my replacement radials start showing wear or rot I was going to replace with new 15inch rims and tires. That post you are referring to made me feel better about that decision. I have over a year on the 14 inch replacement radials and they are still looking good. Hoping to get a few more years out of them and by then I might have some serious tenfootitis.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess is 5,250 lbs with that sweet aluminum trailer, two batteries, a nearly full tank of fuel.
I am estimated about 100 lbs more as I am planing to include a tower + spare wheel on the front.
The "aluminum" trailer has a dry weight of 1,240 lbs :eek: