• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

TorquePro

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just wanted to let you guys know there is a nice app you can put on your phone to monitor your tow vehicle. I have an older truck and have been curious about transmission temps while I tow. This app marries with a device you plug into your OBD2 port (BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY) and allows you to pull all kinds of real time information. It is easy to configure and responds instantly. Here are a couple pictures from this summer towing and yesterday when I started my truck.

IMG_2520rev1.jpg IMG_2521rev1.jpg IMG_2805rev1.jpg IMG_2809rev1.jpg

That is pretty cool. I hate the gauges with no number scale.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll second that. I've been using TorquePro for a while now. Best feature is the ability to read and clear ODBC codes. I've done a lot of "parking lot diagnostics" on Check Engine lights for myself and folks at work. Really handy.

Be advised it does have limitations: It can't look beyond the engine. So if your airbag light is on (for example) you'll need a real scan tool to read the code since that is a different system.

That's cool !!

Cool tool. How much?

The tool can be had on e-bay for between $5 and $15 dollars depending on what you buy. (Search for "OBD Bluetooth")

If I recall correctly, Torque Pro was around $10 or $15 - but I've had it for a while now so I'm not sure what I paid for it.

There's a free version called Torque Lite that I started out with. I don't remember what the restriction was that made me decide to go with the paid version but I don't buy a lot of apps so I must have wanted SOMETHING the Lite version didn't have.

Back