• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Totalscan Transducer Install question

Chadharter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know this has been talked about a million times. I thought I had a good plan but I struck out. My idea was to use the large drain at the back and run the transducer cable through there, put a Tee in as other's have done with the other drain, fill it in and I'd be good to go. Not so fast. The hose used for the large drain (which has a tee already in it under the bucket storage) is not a standard size. It won't fit a 1 1/4 tee. I don't have any interest in splicing the transducer cable and I really didn't want to drill any holes in the boat. I decided to mount the transducer to the bottom of the ride plate like a few others did. I'm now resigned to the fact that if I don't want to splice the cable, I'm going to have to drill through the boat. In the attached picture, what do you guys think about doing a through hull fitting in the marked location? It would be above the water line, mounted vertical, not horizontal. I'd be using this through hull fitting:

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-Hose-Stainless-Steel-Barbed/dp/B01NAPG778/ref=nav_custrec_signin?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167155426463&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13465868071166171618&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016618&hvtargid=pla-313971327334&psc=1&

Attachments

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put mine up as high as I could vertically. I believe less water pressure on the area underway? Thought about putting it where you are suggesting but it just didn't seem right as all the other penetrations are sideways... Probably doesn't matter. Just seal up the hole real good. There are lots of holes in the boat, what's one more. Just seal it up right.
One inch hole saw and wire cap. https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--wire-cap-two-hole-black--P003_094_010_501

Last edited:

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
IMG_1590.JPG IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1587.JPG This is how I routed mine. No drilling into hull.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
IMG_1594.JPG Then I ran wire down this way after coming through the drain.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So you had to splice the cable? The end of my transducer cable will not fit through that drain.
No I just got a flex fitting (drain hose) from West Marine to route the transducer cable head through.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So you had to splice the cable? The end of my transducer cable will not fit through that drain.
You will have to remove the 5-gallon bucket tray to get access into the hull to rework the drain to fish the transducer cable through and fish the cable to the engine compartment.

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I know this has been talked about a million times. I thought I had a good plan but I struck out. My idea was to use the large drain at the back and run the transducer cable through there, put a Tee in as other's have done with the other drain, fill it in and I'd be good to go. Not so fast. The hose used for the large drain (which has a tee already in it under the bucket storage) is not a standard size. It won't fit a 1 1/4 tee. I don't have any interest in splicing the transducer cable and I really didn't want to drill any holes in the boat. I decided to mount the transducer to the bottom of the ride plate like a few others did. I'm now resigned to the fact that if I don't want to splice the cable, I'm going to have to drill through the boat. In the attached picture, what do you guys think about doing a through hull fitting in the marked location? It would be above the water line, mounted vertical, not horizontal. I'd be using this through hull fitting:

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-Hose-Stainless-Steel-Barbed/dp/B01NAPG778/ref=nav_custrec_signin?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167155426463&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13465868071166171618&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016618&hvtargid=pla-313971327334&psc=1&

I went through the hull above the waterline and will post pics of it in a day or so. I have a 2017 FSH Deluxe (Shut Up & Fish).

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Here are the pictures: I used a faucet connector through the hull and then silicone the inside.

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Brownjjst is that a shut off valve on the water inlet to the engine? I haven’t got my boat yet, but I’ve been reading about towing issues, is that a factory item? I just put a deposit on a 2018 210 FSH, so I’m trying to figure out how to mitigate certain problems I’ve seen surrounding jet boats (Yamaha in particular).

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Brownjjst is that a shut off valve on the water inlet to the engine? I haven’t got my boat yet, but I’ve been reading about towing issues, is that a factory item? I just put a deposit on a 2018 210 FSH, so I’m trying to figure out how to mitigate certain problems I’ve seen surrounding jet boats (Yamaha in particular).
The shut valve is to the right in the pic T4. I have made a lot of upgrades and been reading the problems with the FSH 190 series. I currently have a 2017 FSH 190 Deluxe just got it this Summer!

Chadharter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks good. Thx for the replies. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way. Drilled a hole right next to main drain, covered with a clam vent and filled it in good. I mounted transducer to ride plate with a bracket. Put a couple of cable guides in and called it a day.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can we get a pic of that Chad? And how is that at speed? Full readings?