• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Touch Screen Command Center- Upgrade

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Has anyone here with the standard console upgraded or considered upgrading to the Touch Screen Command Center? It appears to be the Medallion Viper II system which looks very possible if the harness is already in place. Just wondering if any additional programming was needed for someone who performed the upgrade after purchasing their boat with the standard equipment. Open for your experiences or input! :thumbsup:

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I guess I will be the first to do this after market. Anyone wanting to join me in this project, or finds any helpfully info, please let me know!!

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’m interested in doing this conversion on my 2015 215. I’ll follow along, and either help or cause problems whenever I can.

jmg0932

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did you attempt this? Was it successful?
I'm interested in doing this for my 2016.

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
so interested in this

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Last summer I started, and quickly realized the harness connecting the system is different. I reached out to a few dealers and also Medallion to get information on the harness and came up empty. Not done yet. It is a new season and something I still want to see happen. Will post when I have made progress.

Last edited:

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I found this to be an incrediblly useful video on this topic.

Absolutely awesome information. It actually gave me what I needed to the after market black box stereo unit that goes with the Viper II as well! Thanks for the information. Almost ready to setup and test.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Did you attempt this? Was it successful?
I'm interested in doing this for my 2016.
I purchased the Viper II System Console, the Viper II Touch Display, and just need to get the black box stereo unit, which I have now found the equivalent aftermarket unit. Almost ready to hook up and test. Will let you know how it goes.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Glad it helped you out. As I said, it really helped me straighten out some things that challanged the selling dealer.

Just curious about where you scored a Touch Display for a Scarab 255. As the guy in the video points out, the displays are customized differently for each manufacture so Chaparral is not the same as Scarab. My boat is going back to the dealer this week for a couple of problems; one of which is that the touch screen is delaminating. Should be covered by the warranty but you never know. Just trying to get ahead of the game if I have to go out of pocket.

Thanks

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I just kept searching. Ended up finding one listed on eBay for a very good deal. Was not sure if it the setup would work, but didn't want to pass it up since I was planning the project.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Well I guess I better hope they honor the warranty. Only 2 years in. Likely $$$ if purchased new.

Thanks and hope your install goes well.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
They should cover it since it's part of your original equipment package. It would have to be a pretty lame reason they have for not covering it. I'm hoping they best for you!

BTW:. If you have minute can you post a picture of your connections to the controller under the helm?? It doesn't need to be super detailed. I am just hoping to get an idea of the harness connections. No worries if not.

Thanks!!

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I think the attached may help you out. I'll also get a photo but things are kind of bundled in there.
Exactly what I was needing. Thank you!! Again hope all goes well with your rig. Will let you know how it goes with the project.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Great. Let me know if you still need a photo. Everything in there is neatly bundled togther so you really cannot see a lot unless I cut a lot of wire ties and cable wraps away. The wires and connectors are not just loose as they are in the video.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Well... just got under the helm again and looks like I have no harness at all that will connect to the Viper II control unit (Main 1 and Main 2) ports. Will need to hunt down the P06 and P07 harness/ connectors. There is a 20 pin connector that goes to the back of the analog display, but has different adapter. So I will keep pushing! Stay tuned.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Well P06 is for an alarm bell (I have no idea for what) and P07 is for the outside air temp sensor. Both available from Cadillac, but not exactly essiential and without the cable, 027-4283. you can't hook them up. That cable is not in stock BTW. The third cable, 027-4302 looks like it is available. And the ethernet connector to the 12" display, 027-4292, is also in Cadillac I think.

Good luck in your search.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Well P06 is for an alarm bell (I have no idea for what) and P07 is for the outside air temp sensor. Both available from Cadillac, but not exactly essiential and without the cable, 027-4283. you can't hook them up. That cable is not in stock BTW. The third cable, 027-4302 looks like it is available. And the ethernet connector to the 12" display, 027-4292, is also in Cadillac I think.

Good luck in your search.
Thanks for your reply, but I now have a couple of more questions.
  1. One question is do you have a link for where you found the cable (027-4302) in stock?
  2. Do you know why the schematic only shows the air temp wires to Main 2, when the video explains that is the main cable with power and engine data transmit and receive?
  3. Do you have a link for the Cadillac parts?
Thanks for all of your help. Its really appreciated