• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow hook - Front of boat. Above or below roller?

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So we bought this boat second hand. We've been loading it with the strap below the roller. Am I supposed to load it with the strap above the roller? It looks like the tow hook would just hit the front of the roller rather than sit above it? We have cranked it in all the way on the water, then when we pull the trailer out it slides about an inch back like this picture. Then it looks like its jiggled the inside nuts loose. So before I fix the hook, I just need to know how this thing is supposed to sit on the trailer.

It's a 223VX Chaparral. Coyote trailer the boat came with.

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Is the tower that the roller is connected to adjustable in anyway.. To me it looks like the roller tower is too short.. just my 2 cents ..;)

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hook goes below roller. Something doesn’t look right in your picture. My boats 45 min away. Any other chap guys have a boat close by to compare theirs to picture?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Strap goes under the roller and the bow eye should be pulled down tight to the bow roller. That roller looks too low or the boat is tilted up away from the roller. Either way that should be tight roller to bow eye.

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hmm... Okay so that bow eye should be tight up against the bottom of the roller right? See that's how it is when we crank it onto the trailer at the dock. Then right when I pull out the boat slips back 1-2" every time. No matter how tight I crank the boat to the roller. I feel like I am going to pull that bow eye right out of the fiberglass hull.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The bow hits the roller.. Then u push the bow eye up to the bottom of the roller and the tigheten with the strap from under the bottom to hold it there.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20160618_161111.jpg this is not a bow specific pic put zoom in on the bow.. U will see how the boat rests on the bow stop.. The hook is puaed up under it and the strap holds the bow down on the roller..

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Okay, so the strap is supposed to pull the bow down to the roller. The bow eye is loose on this boat, from maybe hittin the roller so I'll have to tighten it up and put locktite on the nuts. Then I'll try this.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No the boat rests on the roller naturally. . The strap holes it tight so it doesn't bounce off

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, your winch and bow roller should be aligned so the winch strap in as near horizontal as possible. The winch strap should be pulling forward on the bow eye, not pulling down on it. In your picture, it looks like the winch strap is coming from well under the roller and pulling near vertically on the bow eye.

If you can, post a wider shot of the winch tower.