• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

tow rig tires

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks bad ass. How's the road noise? You have stock tires prior?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had BFG AT KO on my last three trucks, I love them, they seem to last forever and I don't notice any noise at all.
They are well worth the price in my opinion.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks bad ass. How's the road noise? You have stock tires prior?
Tires aren't noisy at all. They are pretty quiet actually. No louder than the stock tires that came on the truck. Yeah I had stock tires prior that came on truck when I bought it new.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the BFG AT KO's and Toyo Open Country AT II tires, cannot wait for my stock tires to wear out so I can get some new ones.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the BFG AT KO's and Toyo Open Country AT II tires, cannot wait for my stock tires to wear out so I can get some new ones.
I hear you. I've waited 3 years to get new tires. I couldn't see buying new ones when the factory tires were fine. I got 40,000 miles out of the factory tires until I blew two out last week driving in the ice storm. They were wore out though.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow. Those are 35" tires? Looks smaller than that.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow. Those are 35" tires? Looks smaller than that.
Yep, 35x12.50r20's. Actual measurements are 34.5x12.50. They barely fit with a 2.5" lift in front.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice looking tires. How many plys are those?Goodyear Wranglers SRA m+s are what I currently use on my street queen and they handle towing pretty well but I needed a tire more tuned to the winter enviorment of where I live. If you want a better tire for towing going to a higher ply count like in a true LT tire will accomplish that. Some may say an 8 ply tire is overkill for a 1/2 ton. In a way it is as the truck will be slightly less forgiving when unloaded and the rolling weight is heavier very slightly reducing gas mileage but for towing you will notice the difference.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Mainah They are E rated 10 ply. Surprisingly they ride pretty good though. I haven't noticed much difference between them and the factory P rated tires. They ride more firm, but not rough if that makes any sense.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the 10 ply as well, I didn't tell a difference from the factory tires in ride quality, but when pulling my camper I could definitely tell the difference in a better more stable ride.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks tight! I haven't tried the ko version, but I've been running the bfg at's for years. I had them in my c3500 dually, they're on my rv now, and I might add them to my jeep to replace the worn Mickey Thompson mudders. My excursion has cheap China crap tires that aren't even load rated, but they're brand new, so I might wait a year before I put some of these at kos on it too. I had bfg drag radials on the mustang, they hook great, but lasted 6000 miles!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Alright, I'm gonna bump this post. I tow my boat (about 5000 lbs loaded) all over for about 4-5 months out of the year, the rest of the time is all highway with snow. I am about to replace the original Alenza Dueller H/L (275/55 R20) at 30k... Yeah, 30,000 miles. I'm looking for an all season tire that will last a bit longer and not sound like I'm running mudders on the freeway. Suggestions? Or, do I buy another set of rims and run different tires in the winter?

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Check out the Kumho Crugen HT51 (very highly rated on tirerack.com). I had a set on my old truck before I traded it in and they handled the snow really well. I think I paid $120 per tire at walmart.com

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright, I'm gonna bump this post. I tow my boat (about 5000 lbs loaded) all over for about 4-5 months out of the year, the rest of the time is all highway with snow. I am about to replace the original Alenza Dueller H/L (275/55 R20) at 30k... Yeah, 30,000 miles. I'm looking for an all season tire that will last a bit longer and not sound like I'm running mudders on the freeway. Suggestions? Or, do I buy another set of rims and run different tires in the winter?
We live in the snow belt. I dislike A/T tires in the Winter. I run Cooper Discoverer M/S non studded. I run them year round and get 2 years out of them. If I had eight rims I would change in the Summer to A/T, to extend the life of the soft compound in the M/S. I also run 10 ply on the truck. Much better handling under load since the tow rig is a salt/sand rig in Winter and It handles heavy overloads. My GVWR is 9200#'s.

20190129_112731.jpg

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was stationed in Alaska (Anchorage and Fairbanks), and I used the BFG AT's and felt highly confident driving. If you don't know, they don't salt the roads due to the wildlife, thus the roads are white the entire winter.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just seeing this thread has been revived. My truck is the F150 a few posts up. Installed those BFG's back in Jan 2017 and still running them. Have a little over 30,000 miles on them right now and they still look great. At the current rate they are wearing I expect to get 60,000 -65,000 miles out of them.