• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower boat flag holder?

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
im looking for two clamp on flag holders for my 1 7/8 " AR192 tower.

I see the airhead (made by Kwik Tek)

Kwik Tek FWT-1 Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OF723O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_T6xGvb01ARQ5C

However, reviews say it only works with their flag pole, and reviews on this board say they don't hold.

I don't have or want permanent rod holders (I got portable ones). Anyone know of a QUALITY unit that has a rubber interior sleeve (like my awesome bullet lines speaker clamps that I converted to a VHF antenna holder).

Kinda wish bullet would make one :)

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just spent a couple of hours searching and reading up on flag holders yesterday. If you Google "wake tower flag holder", you'll get a pretty good grasp of what's available. Amazon and eBay have the Kwik Tek and another rubber gasketted one similar in design. I am more interested in making sure that whatever holder I buy will do a good job holding my stars and stripes as well as other flags (i.e. Bimini Fling) and less concerned about holding a skier down flag.
I'm leaning toward one that does not have a rubber gasket, because I'm assuming that I'll never remove it or re-position it to see whether the paint on the tower is damaged.
Because it seems to have a larger surface area between the two moving surfaces where the swivel is, I think that this one might be worth trying.
http://www.bombwake.com/index_files/flagholder.htm
I sent them an email yesterday to inquire about how stable their unit would be as a standard flag holder, and I also inquired about their return policy... no reply. So, I'll probably give them a call to inquire directly.
UPDATE>> I just tried calling the phone number on the website... out of service.

Last edited:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you feel comfortable going without a rubber gasket, I really think that this is probably the best one you can buy. I inquired with the company that is selling it regarding it's stability and they say that the flag pole will break before the swivel slips. Their policy is "satisfaction guaranteed". Unfortunately, I purchased another kind on eBay 15 minutes prior to getting a reply from the company selling this one. I think it's the best available, and it comes in the size that you require:
http://www.actionrideco.com/product/bomb-wake-flag-holder/

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, im hoping someone else chimes in also....I'm not in a hurry. I just hate to drive it home tight onto the tower..knowing its going to deform the tube

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought a nice billet one off jetboatpilot website. It fits multiple bars with with rubber inserts and it locks in different positions. 1"5/8 to 2"7/8 $65

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a nice billet one off jetboatpilot website. It fits multiple bars with with rubber inserts and it locks in different positions. 1"5/8 to 2"7/8 $65
JBP Flag holder looks IDENTICAL to the Airhead/Kwik-Tek I posted above.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those look like rail mounts
They are T-Top fishing mounts. They mount to the t-top on center consoles and are made to fit 1 7/8 inch tubing. They should be perfect for what you are trying to acheive.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are T-Top fishing mounts. They mount to the t-top on center consoles and are made to fit 1 7/8 inch tubing. They should be perfect for what you are trying to acheive.
I'm guessing I'll need these additional inserts for the 1 7/8" tubing we have.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Zip ties and mini SS D ring shackles.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @kthrash ...that's who I bought my speaker mount from..that I converted to a VHF antenna mount. I think I'll order 2 of those !
Get some thin wall PVC pipe and cut out about a 1/8" down the length of it and slide inside, then a 1" aluminum flag pole fits perfect.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get some thin wall PVC pipe and cut out about a 1/8" down the length of it and slide inside, then a 1" aluminum flag pole fits perfect.
Got'em installed.

Where do I get 1" aluminum flag poles that are only 8-10" long with clips on them for a 3 X 5 flag?
Also, do you know what size PVC I need?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got'em installed.

Where do I get 1" aluminum flag poles that are only 8-10" long with clips on them for a 3 X 5 flag?
Also, do you know what size PVC I need?
I went to a local flag store and had them cut me some poles to length.. and bought these to mount them on.. I think I got them 18" long for a single flag, and 2 that are 26" long for double flags.. each marine flag is 12"x18" I think..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EVJQAA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I went to a plumbing supply place and bought either 1 1/4" or 1.5" OD thin wall PVC.. make sure and get thin wall, then cut it length wise to get it to fit in the tube..