• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speaker low volume on one side

jonbidwell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My cone speaker and half the speaker bar on the driver side is a lot lower volume than the passenger side. It’s WET sounds. Any ideas?

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1. Check your connections (wires, etc.)
2. Check any sort of fade/balance settings.
3. Check gain settings on amp (if you have an amp hooked up).
4. Might be a faulty speaker. Could take and connect it to different wires and test it to find out.

jonbidwell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1. Check your connections (wires, etc.)
2. Check any sort of fade/balance settings.
3. Check gain settings on amp (if you have an amp hooked up).
4. Might be a faulty speaker. Could take and connect it to different wires and test it to find out.
I checked all connections, moved speaker from one side to the next. The WET Sounds Amp doesn’t have controls, it’s programmed. WET Sounds thinks the AMP is faulty. I’m sending tomorrow, I’ll update post. Thanks!

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you tried moving another speaker to that connection and seeing if you have the same issue?

Let us know what you find out.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Or try reversing the connections. If the same speaker is low, you'll know it's either the speaker or the wiring that is bad otherwise it's the amp.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My cone speaker and half the speaker bar on the driver side is a lot lower volume than the passenger side. It’s WET sounds. Any ideas?
Curious if you found a solution. I'm having the same problem. Sometimes I power up the boat and all is fine and other times the speaker has some but far less volume that it' sister cone. I talked to Wetsound service rep and they thought it was signal problem but dealer would have to diagnose.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I checked all connections, moved speaker from one side to the next. The WET Sounds Amp doesn’t have controls, it’s programmed. WET Sounds thinks the AMP is faulty. I’m sending tomorrow, I’ll update post. Thanks!
Curious what you found out. Having the same problem. Was it the amp?

jonbidwell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious what you found out. Having the same problem. Was it the amp?
I sent amp to WETsounds and they couldn't find issue but gave me a new amp anyways. But it happened again right away. I found the issue however. It was the RCA connection at the head unit at the stern of the boat. Pop the plastic sides off and there are 4 screws. Pull the unit and inside you'll find the RCAs that have been shrink rapped. I replaced because they are crap. I was able to make it fail and work just by moving them around. Its been perfect ever since.