• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speakers AR195 2022

weinbergml

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I am looking to purchase tower speakers and an amp for my AR 195 2022. I think I am gong to go with the JL 8.8 M6 units. Can someone tell me the size brackets I will need for the tower. Aside form the AMP/Speakers/brackets is there anything else I will need to purchase. I think I will have a local audio store install. Thanks

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
HIGHLY recommend that you get swivel clamps for the 195 tower. It's actually kinda tight to mount these in a decent location, and having the ability to angle the speakers with the swivels helps tremendously with a good fit.

Also make sure the head unit has zone control for the towers, or if not then at least add an RCA gain dial to let you turn them up/down on the fly. Due to the forward swept tower, those tower speakers are positioned to be crazy loud for anybody sitting in the rear seats. It makes life a lot more comfortable to be able to turn them down a bit when you don't need them to project beyond the boat.

weinbergml

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thank you for the advice

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some pics I have on hand to show where I mounted the WetSounds Icon 8 pods. Basically above (slightly behind) the driver and the port bench seat. I got the idea from @Farny who did it first (see this post: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2020-195s-build-thread-warning-pic-heavy.24575/post-478453).

By locating the speakers outwards on the tower, you keep the center section of the boat clear to walk through so that no one (mostly guests) smack their head. It actually worked out great this season. I think I only hit them once or twice and I'm sure both times were my fault. However, due to the way the tower curves, this location requires a swivel mount to ensure that the speakers point directly behind the boat.

Attachments

weinbergml

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Great info -Thank you for sharing!

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s a Thrust Vector Wake steering enhancement. I highly recommend that you consider some type of steering add on to help improve low speed steering.

This particular model is not sold anymore, but there is a newer thrust vector product available from Jetboat Pilot. The other brand is called Cobra jet steering which is also highly rated, and has the additional advantage of providing steering enhancement at high speeds too.

You’ll get strong opinions about either product, sort of like a Chevy versus Ford situation, but definitely consider one of them.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got TVs but yours looked so different I was wondering what they were.

Thanks