• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower speakers

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So new to this season I added 4 wet sounds speakers and a wet sounds htx~4 amp I want to add two tower speakers, if I put the 4 speakers on 2 channels and the tower speakers on the other two would that work?

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it will work, but Tower Speakers need lots of power and technically you will be providing more power to your other speakers because you you are halving the ohms load by running them in parallel.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Yes, that will work.
And yes, the total power in the boat will exceed the total power on the tower. You will need full zone control between these two areas.
Typically the demand for power on tower speakers is far greater. Much will depend on the specific tower speaker (standard coaxial or HLCD) and your type of usage (whether at rest, at surf range, or at wake range). So I would consider the HTX-4 your temporary amplifier solution. Per my crystal ball, the HTX-4 will likely be re-purposed and supplemented in the future.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it, so basically do it right and add another amp

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have htx 6 w witha set of Revo 6 s in my center console and set of rev8 on my t top the center console speakers are going to channel 1 and 2 to the Rev eights are bridged in Channel 3and 4 for one speaker and channel 5 and 6 for the other speaker and I have a fusion deck it has zone control so you can turn up the tower speakers so you can turn it down if it's to loud while no one is behind the boat. if do a setup like that you need y connectors for your RCA's to bridge depending on how many zones come out of your head unit mine had two sets it's pretty loud in the driveway haven't been out on the water with the Rev 8 s yet.