• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speakrs on 2015 Scarab 195

ScarabHO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey guys. I have a 2015 Scarab HO impulse with a wakeboard tower. Now the wiring has been pre run in the tower. I can trace it from behind the CD player and I see the unused plug for an amplifier. Even popping out the rubber plugs in the tower you can pull the wires out.

NOW the question is, I see two other small amps under the radio. One for the for the 4 speakers and one for the subwoofer.

What kind of amp is it that scarab uses (it says kicker, I know) but I cant find it on kicker anywhere. Also the type of kicker speakers that go on these towers I know they are kicker but the way they mount looks way different than all the others I see.

I'm asking what kind of speakers and mounts they use and the amp???

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
These are the amplifiers:
http://www.kicker.com/px-amplifiers
These are the enclosures for the towers, and you just buy 2 speakers to install them (as per Scarab's idea of tower speakers)
http://www.kicker.com/12KMTES

I suggest neither of these to be honest, if you want serious sound while on a tube/wakeboard or etc.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do yourself a favor, save some money, and get some quality amps and speakers. The PX amps are complete garbage, and the Kicker speakers will blow/pop with any decent amount of power to them. Get yourself some JL or westbound components/amps, and you will be extremely happy with the results.