• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Use

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, never pulled from the tower. Will begin this year, how does the rope attach? Over the Bimini, under the Bimini, close the Bimini? I have a 2016 AR240

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Over the Bimini with the rear poles set to the lowest setting.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My bimini is tight like a banjo on the lowest setting. I dont like the idea of the rope rubbing on the bimini so i stow it away.
@subysti have you done it? And how bad was the rope rubbing

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue, initially, but my canvas loosed up quickly and I was able to collapse the legs to the shortest positions.

The change in boat's attitude (bow up at speed) also helps - see some pics below.

So - in the AR/all small bimini models - definitely rope ABOVE the bimini when skiing, wake boarding, or pulling a tube. Otherwise you will be rubbing the end of the bimini off the frame from under.

Wakeboarding w/rope over the bimini (AR240, approx 18-19mph speed):

Wake surfing is tricky and will depend on where exactly you end up, behind the boat.
For example during (slow) wake surfing starts - the (short) surf rope will touch/ slide over the bimini rear edge hard; to save it, we use a sleeve that is sold as a trailer guide protector, got it from West Marine or BassPro. Learned that trick from my Super Nautique surfing friends who used to have the same problem in their boat.

--

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies.