• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing and water lines

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone out there in the Scarab world installed ball valves along the fresh water intake lines? It is recommended to pinch off the water intake lines to avoid messing up your engine while being towed. If full-bore ball valves were spliced in, it would make the process easier, faster, and offer some peace of mind. This would also make operation with one engine a bit safer (if one engine happens to fail).
Thoughts?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
140h on my 165. I have the clamp, never needed it. In fact, I've had to tow at least 10 times other boats in that time (maybe I'm a masochist... lol). I've read others have done this to their boats, but haven't come across anybody in the Scarab world with this on yet.

I don't know, it would be nice if the manufacturer would install these in the first place... or at least a sticker that says "clamp here if being towed". But realistically, it's only a problem if you tow above 15 mph (in manual, says to stay well below this speed). I don't know about you, but towing above 15 mph is pretty damn fast.

In conclusion, sure... but meh. lol