• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing covered?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anybody tow their boat with it covered and if so to you keep the anti pooling pool in?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Always tow covered (slit a noodle over the windshield frame), never with poles in. My technique that has served me well...

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I agree... towing covered with no problems

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It depends... If it's a short haul and the cover isn't on, then I tow without a cover. The dealer that I bought the boat from said to tow with the anti-pooling poles in "cuz thayuts how it cuuums frum Yamahaw". If I'm towing a long distance, that involves multiple stops, then I tow with the mooring cover on (no anti-pooling poles).
I think that it was @Andy S who said to put a tube under the cover in the bow to support it. I have a snap-on bow cover in addition to the mooring cover; when towing long distances, I install it under the mooring cover to provide support and minimize pooling.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It depends... If it's a short haul and the cover isn't on, then I tow without a cover. The dealer that I bought the boat from said to tow with the anti-pooling poles in "cuz thayuts how it cuuums frum Yamahaw". If I'm towing a long distance, that involves multiple stops, then I tow with the mooring cover on (no anti-pooling poles).
I think that it was @Andy S who said to put a tube under the cover in the bow to support it. I have a snap-on bow cover in addition to the mooring cover; when towing long distances, I install it under the mooring cover to provide support and minimize pooling.
@MrMoose I was one of probably many that have said to put a tube under the bow area for added support. To me while towing with the poles installed there is way too much pressure on the cover at the top of the pole, using a tube for support spreads the pressure across a bigger area.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree with the above. We have a small tube that fits in bow and a big one that, partially deflated, fits in cockpit and both provide great support for the cover...

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Towed 14 hours each way to Ft Lauderdale for Bimini '16.

Anti-pooling installed, under my shipping cover.

Keep the Deluxe mooring cover the rest of the year.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everybody. Just pulled my cover out of the attic and covered the boat for the remainder of the winter and realized it's about time for a new cover.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Always covered no poles with slit noodles on windshield frame. I should probably get a new cover too. I am worried we may not be able to find the factory cover much longer.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I'm gonna buy a general cover off of amazon. Install it on the boat to mark where the bars are. Then cut and sew around them.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Check with your dealer for extra shipping covers.

I use it for long hauls and winter-

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_4301.PNG For those of you that have custom covers that snap on are your snaps screwed to the wind shield?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am the exception. I always tow with the poles in. Cam.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am the exception. I always tow with the poles in. Cam.

Me too Cam. Including 14 hrs each way to FL.
Using shipping cover.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think I'm gonna buy a general cover off of amazon. Install it on the boat to mark where the bars are. Then cut and sew around them.
Make sure your covers are vented and the bow cover gasketed from windshield runoff, water will end up in ski locker and under the engine compartment bilge pump. The vents double as an anti pooling pole support and allow cooler interior temps in the summer. Ours was custom and reinforced at obvious wear points. We left the lower section of the swim platform uncovered for convenience of boarding at the marina and uncovering without stepping on the cover. The fabric is sunbrella and is a little heavier material than factory. Oh and I have always towed with poles in with both the factory and the new custom cover.20170131_190800.jpg 20170131_190656.jpg20170131_134858_001.jpg Pictures are of the bow cover gasket ,vent and snap mounting on windshield frame.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks, she did a really nice job on the bimini, bow and cockpit covers and even patched a hole in my factory mooring cover without being asked to. She also made patterns for all for future.