• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing tubes with extra rope

chrisinslc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't tried it yet, but everyone says that when pulling a tube, passenger gets pelted with jet spray. I can either purchase the Thrust Vector Wake or add 15' of rope. When towing 75' of rope, is it more difficult to get the tube outside the wake?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think so. But I think I'm going to give the thrust vector wake a shot anyway

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you have good high speed steering you can throw the tube around with no issues at all even with an 80 foot rope like I use even towing with just a jet ski it's all about the high speed control .

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can throw a tube around without "high speed control", too - just needs throttle. Even with 75' of rope, you still get a decent amount of spray from a twin-engine boat. Most of my passengers don't care, a few wear goggles.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are restrictions on rope length, if you have law enforcement where you boat you might want to be careful.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont have a problem controlling Boat at high speeds, or with throwing people outside the wake give me a longer rope will be just as easy. Get a tube rheu can kneel forward on or sit back and spray doesnt matter.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
hmm I boats lists the standard rope length for towing tubes at 75 feet everywhere

mtnv900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tow a tube with a 70' rope and have zero issues. I can do anything that I could do with a 60' and the kid doesn't get sprayed in the face. We use a super mable.

chrisinslc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tow a tube with a 70' rope and have zero issues. I can do anything that I could do with a 60' and the kid doesn't get sprayed in the face. We use a super mable.
Where did you buy that length of rope and do you have twin engine or single engine?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can tell you how I make my own ropes I go to home depot and buy the white braded rope I put the looped ends on by using a pencil or pen to open the side of the rope approximately 18 inches down from the end , place some electrical tape on the end tightly twisted to a point so it enters the opening in the side of the rope easily and flows inside the rope to the point I want deciding on the size of the loop you want , when you pull the rope it tightens on to the inner rope then tie one not along the area of the inserted rope to make sure it won't pull out . make several different length to loop onto your existing rope, simply place the loop in the existing ropes looped end and feed the rope through , use that added end at the boat , so there are no knots dragging in the water near the tube. the white ropes I use float and are very visible so I don't run them over .

mtnv900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where did you buy that length of rope and do you have twin engine or single engine?
I had a normal tube rope 60' and then bought a 2 section tube rope on amazon 50' & 10'. Attached the 10 to the 60 works great, twin engine.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have pulled tubes and double tubes with longer ropes to avoid the spray with no issues. Everyone enjoys it so much more!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2 tricks & one big advantage = more fun @ tricks are 70 to 75 foot rope and fully inflated tube so that your hand bounces off like a basket ball, inexpensive way to accomplish this is using a big hand operated pump runs 20 dollars or less
Intex Double Quick III S Hand Pump, 14.5
this one lists for under 9 dollars on amazon , use these after your electric pump has done the basic inflation. The difference is huge . And obviously the advantage is A Cobra steering system for instant steering response at all speeds and fast tight turns .

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2 tricks & one big advantage = more fun @ tricks are 70 to 75 foot rope and fully inflated tube so that your hand bounces off like a basket ball, inexpensive way to accomplish this is using a big hand operated pump runs 20 dollars or less
Intex Double Quick III S Hand Pump, 14.5
this one lists for under 9 dollars on amazon , use these after your electric pump has done the basic inflation. The difference is huge . And obviously the advantage is A Cobra steering system for instant steering response at all speeds and fast tight turns .
That’s exactly what we do, a SUP hand pump to finish the job after high speed 12v.