• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Trade SCOUT Center Console for 24' Yamaha Jet + Cash

Fish2Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just putting out a feeler to see if any JB members would be interested in a trade?

I have a 2011 SCOUT 187 Sportfish in amazing shape. The boat only has 85 hours. I'm interested in seeing if anyone would be interested in trading it for a Yamaha 24' boat (240,242) plus I would be adding the cash difference in fair market value. If we can work something out it would be a win-win, you get a good amount of cash plus a tax free Scout fishing boat, and I get Yamaha at a great price.

Here is the info on my Scout, located in Jacksonville, Florida:

Fair Market Value - $26,000

Always stored indoors, high and dry
Garmin GPSMap 546s Chartplotter / Fishfinder combo,
Color matched bimini top,
Flip Flop captain seat with cooler storage,
Upgraded stainless steering wheel,
New premium AGM Battery,
Trolling motor plug pre-wired,
Hydraulic trim tabs,
Fusion waterproof stereo with Bluetooth module,
Scout full boat cover,
Bow cushion Sun lounge,
Huge insulated fish box / cooler,
Cushioned igloo cooler,
Livewell,
Custom MagicTilt trailer included

6254621_0_090620170514_6.jpg
6254621_0_090620170514_7.jpg 6254621_0_100620170706_14.jpg 3900461L.jpeg 3900457L.jpeg 3897779L.jpeg

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's certainly an interesting way to go about getting what you want. . . . Might help if you posted what you believe your Fair Market Value to be.

Welcome aboard and Good Luck with the trade/sale.

Fish2Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good call, thanks.

Yep, I just figured it may be an opportunity if someone here happens to be looking to get out of their boat and either was looking to get into fishing or just needed the cash and didn't want to be boatless. I'll update the original post with the fair market value, I've got about up to $25k cash to add on top of the trade, but it does depend on what model / year is being offered. That being said if the Scout does sell on the open market I'll eventually be in the market to buy a 2015+ 242.