1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Back Up Camera

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs, Trailers and other things with Wheels' started by Mystic1906, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Mystic1906

Mystic1906 Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +106 / 19
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Hey anyone ever put a camera on your trailer? I have one on my truck which works wonderful for hooking the boat to the truck but I was thinking how much better a camera on the trailer would be when I'm backing the boat into my driveway and other places. If you have done it suggestions as to a model of camera would be most helpful and how it works for you.

2. sysinu

sysinu Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +407 / 11
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    I mounted my gopro wifi with a suction to my trailer and then used my phone connected over wifi to the gopro as the display. That worked fine for me.

3. Mystic1906

Ratings:
    +106 / 19
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I looked at that but I was thinking a more permanent solution that I could use while driving as well. The GoPro's battery won't last that long.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +2,826 / 34
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Check this out, about 2/3rds down on the first page.

You can get systems on ebay for $150 to $500 depending on how many cameras you want.

The cameras are always on, never overheat, water proof.

I recommend the wired versions over wireless, reliable instant connection, no noise.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-trailer-mods.14372/#post-247830

5. Mystic1906

Ratings:
    +106 / 19
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @Ronnie nice mods. I did a search in the forum before I posted my question but for some reason yours didn't come up. What model/manufacturer did you go with for your camera? How long have you had it?

6. Ronnie

Ratings:
    +2,826 / 34
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mystic1906

Ratings:
    +106 / 19
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @Ronnie thanks for the link. I'm really wanting to get one. I just have to figure out how to attach it to the newer shorelander trailer. The middle has the brake light and not much space
    . IMG_0272.JPG
    Not my boat but same trailer.

8. Ronnie

Ratings:
    +2,826 / 34
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    No problem on the link. I installed my trailer camera at the center of the rear cross support, it should be ok there for a single engine boat as well but to be safe i would consider mounting it under or to the right rear bunk (right as opposed to left because the tow vehicle driver already sits on the left side).