• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer parts

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wanna order new brakes and leaf springs tomorrow. Anybody know what size?

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most trailer of this size use 10 inch brakes, I have a 2006 trailer with tandem axles, only one axle has brakes on it. I find these brakes last about 2-3 years if used in salt and flushed.
I use Kodiak you can order the whole kit. Here is one kit you can search around.
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brakes/Kodiak/K2HR35D.html

PowayWayne

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Recently replaced both UFP DB-35 brake calipers on 2009 MFI trailer.

UFP does not sell direct but did identify distributors in my area who stocked the calipers so I purchased locally.

For reference, Eastern Marine is a UFP distributor. http://www.easternmarine.com/UFP-Trailer-Disc-Brakes

Hope this helps.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The website is showing 26" leaf springs but I'm measuring 27. Has anybody replaced their leafs?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered brakes but don't know what to do about the leafs. They are saying it's 26" bc it's weighed down. That diff does it make. Where they bolt aren't gonna move regardless ?

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just went through all this.
My leafs were 26 3/8 inch center to center (springs are double eye style) I could not find that leaf so i changed out my rocker bar to a 7 1/4 inch and went to 25 1/4 inch springs. I had a few problems but all my fault. If we have the same trailer setup I can give you a list of everything you need and where to get it. My trailer is an MFI tandem axle (2006) tell me a few measurments,
1. type of leaf
2. Length of leaf (center of bolts)
3. length of rocker arm ( part in between springs) center of bolts

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have the same trailer. My 27" springs will be here Friday. We will see how it goes in a couple weeks. I have family coming in town tomorrow so I won't be able to play until they leave

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok i will be curious how the the 27" fit. If you have a problem let me know. I also changed my u-bolts, that was the area i was worried was going to snap, the nuts were in bad shape. Almost all my bushings though the springs and rocker bars were destroyed, good luck

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are 26". Bought the wrong size. U bolts are crap. Nobody is open that has those either. Great project. Should be done by fall

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought everything from boattrailerparts.com very helpful thru whole process

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should have listened to the ppl at pacific trailer but they wanted $45 shipping per leaf. Lol. I'll return the leafs and get the right size tomorrow. At least I'm still good for now. Just trying g to replace before anything goes wrong in the future. Probably my last season on these axles too

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spent about 250 plus free shipping to do all my leaf springs. What size is you spring. Is the 27 " wrong. My springs with boat on trailer measured 26 3/8. I ended up going with a 25 1/4 inch spring and and a 7 3/4 rocker bar part was EQ-E1 rocker bar. This rocker bar was needed due to shorter spring, all of this fit together perfectly. Plus I needed (14) 3" 9/16 bolts.
My u- bolts were 2" x 5 1/4 long. I used my original backing plates , just cleaned them up and sprayed them with galvanized coating spray. Spring are 1750 lb each, making my 3500 lb axle.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My brakes came in from pacific trailer a week late and instead of calipers and rotors they sent me one caliper for $407. Not happy.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I didn't have half the parts here I would. They acted like they were doing me a favor mailing me the rest of the parts without charging me shipping AGAIN.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're in a bind for the brakes, check out my post! You can get them at the auto parts store. I already put the link with part numbers in this thread. Good luck!

Capoditutticapi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spent about 250 plus free shipping to do all my leaf springs. What size is you spring. Is the 27 " wrong. My springs with boat on trailer measured 26 3/8. I ended up going with a 25 1/4 inch spring and and a 7 3/4 rocker bar part was EQ-E1 rocker bar. This rocker bar was needed due to shorter spring, all of this fit together perfectly. Plus I needed (14) 3" 9/16 bolts.
My u- bolts were 2" x 5 1/4 long. I used my original backing plates , just cleaned them up and sprayed them with galvanized coating spray. Spring are 1750 lb each, making my 3500 lb axle.
Hey, I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm working on my trailer suspension now. My question is, when you went with the 25 1/4 spring and the 7 3/4 rocker, did any of your tires get closer or rub against the fender?