• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Setup Yamaha or Dealer

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i ask because I find that my bunks on 2019 SX 190 which are setup inside the strakes nearest the v of the hull are partially always curved because about 2-3 inches of each strake on the backside are under the bunk. Also, depending on final position exiting water I always have to check that my speedometer through hull is not under the bunk, it already bent the side protection on the out side of the sensor. So I can’t move that inwards even more.... maybe I can just slide the fronts in a bit to get the strake to clear. Or my second option is to move them 8 inches or so outward each but I have no idea where the stringers are in these boats for support. Figured I’d ask here before calling dealer as they are 2 hours from me. Thanks

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Each boat ships from the factory with its trailer. Other manufacturers offer a 'boat only' sale, however Yamaha achieve economies of scale and reduced purchase price by including the trailer with every sale. My trailer for my 2014 Regal 1900 was sourced by the dealer. Comparing pricing for the boat could be difficult because different dealers had different trailers, which cost different amounts. Mine had an expensive sweet trailer, but other dealers had a basic crappy trailer with a lower price point. Since I trailer a bit, I wanted the nicer trailer.

Contact your dealer and offer to email pictures of your issues to get an idea of their proposed resolution before you truck it 2 hours down there.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, appreciate the response, now that I know Yamaha set it up, I can ask the dealer if they feel it's in correct position.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will take a photo of mine on the trailer for you when i go out saturday. Supposed to be 65 degrees.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I broke my ankle boating on 1/1/2019 falling on the ramp lol otherwise I would go under and take one too but I’d appreciate a pic to compare. I’ll post one when I can maneuver under there.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s a quick shot ... obviously dirty boat since I couldn’t clean it after the ankle break, had the ER visit to attend ... but each strake are the most inner strakes and each touches the board, just worries over time they will wear the carpet and the board will wear the strake gelcoat

Attachments

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine sits the same way. I did notice that when i first load the boat the speedometer in behind the bunks. Since 90% of the time i only trailer it 200' to the ramp i am going to leave it in this position. But i took a pic with the boat fully loaded on the trailer.20190106_120149.jpg

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine sits the same way. I did notice that when i first load the boat the speedometer in behind the bunks. Since 90% of the time i only trailer it 200' to the ramp i am going to leave it in this position. But i took a pic with the boat fully loaded on the trailer.View attachment 86344
Thanks, that's exactly how mine sits but I am careful when exiting water to make sure the right bunk does not sit on the sensor as it is not made to support weight. Mine already broke the little tab on the right that protects the wheel before I figured this out.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those interested , if you have an early 2019, your bunks are probably not aligned properly. My bunk sat like @Peter simon bunks above . On top of being on the speedometer wheel, the boards were on strakes near the front. I went to a boat show this past weekend and the boards on newer inventory are repositioned. I did mine today and boat sits much better, corr$cts the problems I was concerned about. Attached is the picture from the show to demonstrate that they had the board on the outside of the inner strake and far from the speedo pickup.

Attachments

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could you explain exactly what adjustment you made to the boards. I am less technical and would need to know like move the bunks one hole out or something like that.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could you explain exactly what adjustment you made to the boards. I am less technical and would need to know like move the bunks one hole out or something like that.
I certainly can try to elaborate but if you are close to your dealer (mine is hundred miles away), i'd let them fix it next time you drop by.

Here's a try at what I did for Example:
The brackets for the rear went from the cross member 1st hole counting from middle out the 3rd hole, on the bracket itself, the second hole from left to right was used leaving 3 holes outward and 1 inward.
I also flipped the brackets and boards the opposite way to get the boards to support the transom flush. On the picture above, they seem to have the boards installed so the transom was flush with brackets towards bow, my brackets are now facing stern with boards swapped to get the most length towards the rear.
My boards now sit like the boat above and within 1 inch of transom end. with my winch post at 9% tongue weight (325lbs).

If you are interested, I could private you some detailed pictures front and back so you can refer to each.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those interested , if you have an early 2019, your bunks are probably not aligned properly. My bunk sat like @Peter simon bunks above . On top of being on the speedometer wheel, the boards were on strakes near the front. I went to a boat show this past weekend and the boards on newer inventory are repositioned. I did mine today and boat sits much better, corr$cts the problems I was concerned about. Attached is the picture from the show to demonstrate that they had the board on the outside of the inner strake and far from the speedo pickup.
I certainly can try to elaborate but if you are close to your dealer (mine is hundred miles away), i'd let them fix it next time you drop by.

Here's a try at what I did for Example:
The brackets for the rear went from the cross member 1st hole counting from middle out the 3rd hole, on the bracket itself, the second hole from left to right was used leaving 3 holes outward and 1 inward.
I also flipped the brackets and boards the opposite way to get the boards to support the transom flush. On the picture above, they seem to have the boards installed so the transom was flush with brackets towards bow, my brackets are now facing stern with boards swapped to get the most length towards the rear.
My boards now sit like the boat above and within 1 inch of transom end. with my winch post at 9% tongue weight (325lbs).

If you are interested, I could private you some detailed pictures front and back so you can refer to each.
Wow! I'd like to do mine also but not sure I have it right. So you took for example the right side one off and what was forward you turned 360* and is now in the back? Also did you do this while the boat was on the trailer? If so did you have to some how have to support the boat? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a complete rookie .

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! I'd like to do mine also but not sure I have it right. So you took for example the right side one off and what was forward you turned 360* and is now in the back? Also did you do this while the boat was on the trailer? If so did you have to some how have to support the boat? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a complete rookie .
I had to rotate the brackets 180* actually, yes vertical part extending to the board that faced the bow is now facing the stern (gave me 3-4 inches further back on bunks). I had to unhook the board during the rotating of brackets as it had more hangover on the rear so i had to keep the board in same position to maintain that. I'll take some pictures tonight and post a few of how my setup looks, may be easier. I feel I've got it nailed where it should have been.

Brought mine to the lake on a weekday and left the boat tied at the ramp (key in my pocket while I worked on trailer). Bolts are 14mm.

I had read so many threads in many forums that boards should get to transom or as close as possible. Mine had like 4-5 inches gap from board to transom in original position, now only 1 inch. Even the Shorleand'r trailer setup guide says bunks should extend to transom. When I saw the 2019 SX195 at the show 2 weeks ago, I knew I had to fix mine. It also now sits off the strakes and speedo. The strakes had already completely crushed my carpet to the wood in 2 spots about 2 feet long each... certainly not good for strakes to hit board every unloading and the speedo wheel to be crushed by a board.

Last edited:

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol,yep 180*.
360* would put it right back where it was,what a goofball I be😎.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First 3 pics are the back bracket, next one is the board flush against hull not bent due to strake, next ones show the front bracket and the board on the outside of the inner strake. It’s dark out and boat is in garage ... next time it’s outside I’ll do better but this should help

Attachments

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just brought my 2019 SX190 home, bunk is in the same poor position. I guess I will have one more thing to do when I get it into the water. Which might be a little while since it flurried today.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First 3 pics are the back bracket, next one is the board flush against hull not bent due to strake, next ones show the front bracket and the board on the outside of the inner strake. It’s dark out and boat is in garage ... next time it’s outside I’ll do better but this should help
Looks like it will lower the boat a bit on the trailer? Have you experienced any issues loading and unloading? Going to do this on Thursday and just checking one last time. Thanks for finding this and posting it. My speedo would have stopped working and I would be clueless.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like it will lower the boat a bit on the trailer? Have you experienced any issues loading and unloading? Going to do this on Thursday and just checking one last time. Thanks for finding this and posting it. My speedo would have stopped working and I would be clueless.
It lowered the boat about 1’’ but there is still enough clearance to the fenders side to side horizontally that it’s not been an issue at all loading and unloading, if anything the boat rolls in onto bunks better and the bow sits Nice and tight to the roller.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All set, moved my bunks as specified above. I was happy with the move, but dismayed that the factory had such little attention to detail. The bunks looked terrible from sitting on the rake. Really disappointed with the factory.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All set, moved my bunks as specified above. I was happy with the move, but dismayed that the factory had such little attention to detail. The bunks looked terrible from sitting on the rake. Really disappointed with the factory.
Yeah me too, they knew they changed the hull.... make sure the trailer is setup for the new model.... Glad the changes worked for you!!