• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer under water due to flood. What do I need to do...

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
My trailer has been under water due to flooding at our lake since last Thursday. The water level is a good 3-4 feet deep at and in front of my trailer, so there is no way I can get it to dry land now. The water level crested today (Monday am), so my guess is my trailer will be under water for at least a full week.

The lake is a mud bottom, fresh water lake. The trailer is a dual axle, with sup-r-lube hubs and breaks.

My question is, what do I need to do to my trailer when the water recedes and I can get to it?

I have fresh grease in the bearings, but plan on putting another batch of fresh grease in. But, is that enough for the bearings? What about the breaks? Do they need any cleaning/attention? What else??

I guess, just any and all thoughts on what should be done to a trailer that has been submerged in water for a long period of time. There are many others than just I affected. So, in general, what would you do for your trailer in this situation?

( @Devildog is one for instance I know is facing the same issue)

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
im assuming the trailer is a 2015? I would think everything should be sealed and not leaking, so no water should get in the brakes or anywhere else its not supposed to.. I would disassemble the bearings if they are serviceable and grease them.. pressure wash the mud/dirt off everything else, check the wiring for the lights and what not and forget about it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Take a good look at the brake fluid, if you suspect water contamination replace it and try to id where it leaked in from so you can address that too. Check to see if the lights still work as well.