• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Wiring - Shorlander

Team Bristow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Up here in the great white north we Michiganders commonly clear each others driveway when the snow gets deep. Since I cleared all the neighbors earlier in the day my wonderful neighbor lady returned the favor that evening with one exception. Her snowblower caught the trailer wiring plug and quickly removed every inch of wiring from inside the trailer.

So my question is, has anyone ever rewired a trailer? I am sure that someone here has and I assume that it is as easy as using my longest fish tape, starting from the tail light and moving forward, but I will accept any tips or tricks.

Cheers!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry Team Bristow, but I just had to laugh out loud when I read that.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few years ago I did a complete rewire with LED lights and added backup flood lights. It got rid of all my lighting headaches. I posted some wiring diagrams. Now they work always and all the time. I was going to add some LED strip lights to guide me in at night, but didnt. Now some members have beat me to it and it looks very nice. You can fish the new wires in or just use the old wires to pull the new wires in. This is a worthy mod that (in my case) takes away a bunch of yearly maintenance. Cam.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is pretty simple but going back with what you had vs just replacing the lights may be a tad of a headache. I would run the 4 conductor (I think it is 4, maybe 5?) wire the length and see where it crosses over and just follow the same pattern. Be sure to ground it on the frame, hitch to vehicle ground is dicey. If your lights aren't LED, I would replace them. My '12 Shorelandr is LED and is a MUCH better trailer than was my MFI on the '08, parts wise at least.

Team Bristow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you everyone. I think I will take the opportunity to replace the lights with LED. The OEM lights keep burning out anyway.

Cheers!