• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer mounting position

Jeff wernick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
looking for suggestions on location to mount a transducer given the hull design of the FSH 190 and perhaps how the wire was run from the console to the transducer

Chief

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Where ever you end up putting it, make sure you have enough cable....after i installed mine i only had 3 inches of cable to spare.

YamJamFan

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had to google what a transducer was...never heard that word before

"a device that converts variations in a physical quantity, such as pressure or brightness, into an electrical signal, or vice versa."

That is what google's definition is. What exactly is a transducers purpose? This is my first boat, obvious I went with the Yammer Jammer. Is a transducer something I need to add to my mod list?

Chief

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I had to google what a transducer was...never heard that word before

"a device that converts variations in a physical quantity, such as pressure or brightness, into an electrical signal, or vice versa."

That is what google's definition is. What exactly is a transducers purpose? This is my first boat, obvious I went with the Yammer Jammer. Is a transducer something I need to add to my mod list?
For boats, simply put, the transducer is the device that sends sonar signals down to the lake bed in order to detect fish, stumps or other under water debris and depth readings and usually a water temperature. The transducer is usually connected to a chart plotter or fish finder or other devices.

Meach

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I played around with my portable transducer in different positions and found if I mount on stern a couple inches below the bottom line aft I get sonar at speed instead of slow idle if I mount flush. Any ideas or suggestions for getting depth at speed???

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Here is how I did my Garmin chirp, sidescan and traditional sonar transducer on my SX195. Works great at all speeds. IMG_3418.jpegIMG_3417.jpegIMG_3416.jpegIMG_3419.jpeg

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is what I used. Been in saltwater for a year now. Everything comes in the kit to mount and is very easy. I strongly suggest it.

SEAWORTHY INNOVATIONS Stern Pad - Standard Size - Black - Screwless Transducer/Acc. Mounting Kit (not for Large 3D Scan Transducers) https://a.co/d/1c53699

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
This is what I used. Been in saltwater for a year now. Everything comes in the kit to mount and is very easy. I strongly suggest it.

SEAWORTHY INNOVATIONS Stern Pad - Standard Size - Black - Screwless Transducer/Acc. Mounting Kit (not for Large 3D Scan Transducers) https://a.co/d/1c53699

Perfect.... thank you!

I see they have it in black, which is perfect for my transom color.

Did you put 4200 or 5200 to adhere it or has the 3M Adhesive Tape worked? I run in saltwater as well.

Thanks again!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Perfect.... thank you!

I see they have it in black, which is perfect for my transom color.

Did you put 4200 or 5200 to adhere it or has the 3M Adhesive Tape worked? I run in saltwater as well.

Thanks again!
It comes with a scotchbrite pad to rough the surface and then clean it with the alcohol wipe, dry and just uses the 3M tape that it comes with. There is enough surface area that it doesn’t pull away.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just my two cents, been over 5 years and lots of days on water in the Pacific and I connected mine to my ride plate. Works at all speeds and no holes in the boat.

Transducer Installed.jpg

Meach

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just my two cents, been over 5 years and lots of days on water in the Pacific and I connected mine to my ride plate. Works at all speeds and no holes in the boat.

View attachment 206800
Really? I'm a fisherman plus tubing so depth at speed is important. You get depth at like planing speed???

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really? I'm a fisherman plus tubing so depth at speed is important. You get depth at like planing speed???
On mine I get depth at planing speed. Also sonar. Of course no sidescan.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Good Morning,

Yes we get depth at all speeds. Super Super Super important out here with all of the reefs and rock piles just waiting to meet your hull.

I think there's a little bit of a clip of the actual speed indicator from the GPS in the vid I posted to YT when I installed the Transducer. It's close to the end of the vid if you want to skip the install.

Good Luck!

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Good Morning,

Yes we get depth at all speeds. Super Super Super important out here with all of the reefs and rock piles just waiting to meet your hull.

I think there's a little bit of a clip of the actual speed indicator from the GPS in the vid I posted to YT when I installed the Transducer. It's close to the end of the vid if you want to skip the install.

Good Luck!

So the connector for the Garmin Transducer fit through the drain in the transom?

What size tee fitting did you use? I assume it has an ID of about 3/4" so the connector would fit in one end and then out the T side.

Mahalo!