• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer

Rudy09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is anyone else waiting for a transducer?

2016 242 LS, under YES warranty.

Depth gauge flashes "0" regardless of the depth, no alarm. Diagnosis was a transducer, part ordered under YES warranty ($660.00). The dealer checked and Yamaha confirmed there are none anywhere. After several calls to Yamaha, customer services states they are rerouting parts from their assembly line to the dealers to cover a couple hundred transducers that customers across the U.S. are waiting for.

Three weeks is the timeline, we will see.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive been waiting since June

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
for $660 I decided not to replace it. Just put aftermarket GPS/fishfinder with external transducer.

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
for $660 I decided not to replace it. Just put aftermarket GPS/fishfinder with external transducer.
Are you saying that you already replaced? If so did you use the original wiring? Did you have to splice or were you able to find an aftermarket that has the same connector? If not, how did you stop the warning from going off every 10 min?

Rudy09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I final received my part a few weeks ago, it was installed and it fixed the problem.
Love my dealership, love the boat; however, representatives at Yamaha not so much.

Rudy09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check with Airmar directly. They make most of them

I tried that when I found out it was going to be a lengthy wait for my part, Airmar said they have a exclusive agreement with Yamaha and they can not sell the part or build a similar part and resell it.

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha is saying that there are no replacement transducers in inventory anywhere. Boats.net is saying next year for availability. I spoke with Yamaha and they stated that another AIRMAR transducer will work, DT820PV but would have to splice the connection as it comes with a 5 pin connector. Has anyone tried this? If so, what wires on the new go to what on the old?

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So what is the dealer saying? Wait for the part or do they have a workaround? I actually heard that in the 2021 you can turn off the transducer so the alarm stops, Settings -> Transducer -> Disconnect, ( or similar)

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So what is the dealer saying? Wait for the part or do they have a workaround? I actually heard that in the 2021 you can turn off the transducer so the alarm stops, Settings -> Transducer -> Disconnect, ( or similar)
havent talked to the dealer aas i use the boat every weekend, all i get is a comm error from the transducer no alarm, ill wait for the season to slow down then i have a list for them

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just talked to the Wholesale dealer for AIRMAR, they are saying that the replacement part and the OEM will likely not be available for 6 - 12 months. has anyone heard differently?

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow..thanks for the updates I didn't realize there was a backlog. Mine has been shot for over a year, just haven't been able to commit to aftermarket chartplotter/depth finder.

Mjolsen74

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just got word that my 2019 Yamaha 242x the transducer is bad and won't be available until July 2022!!! GRRR.. This sucks because the alarm only mutes for 3 mins and then retrievers. No way to disable. Yamaha really should develop some quick code for the Connext to disable the transducer and alarms so the boat can at least be used in a more enjoyable way (beeping and on screen alerts are constant..)

I really wonder if there is a way to fix the transducer at the component level with alternative components, or a way to trick the CANBUS that it's working.

Mjolsen74

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’ve had a “transducer communication error” flash on screen twice, but it went away. I hope mine doesn’t go out soon.
be prepared! It’s how mine started over a month time

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just adding my name to the list. I've been waiting since June for a transducer on my 2019 242 LSE. At this rate the YES warranty may run out before the transducers show back up.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
When I was a kid, my father used to tell me not to turn on the fishfinder while the boat was out of the water, or it would burn up the transducer. I wonder if listening to the radio while we are washing and cleaning up our boats could be causing harm to the transducer while it is out of the water? Or if my father was just trying to keep me from messing with stuff on the boat?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was a kid, my father used to tell me not to turn on the fishfinder while the boat was out of the water, or it would burn up the transducer. I wonder if listening to the radio while we are washing and cleaning up our boats could be causing harm to the transducer while it is out of the water? Or if my father was just trying to keep me from messing with stuff on the boat?
It wont hurt anything having it on, it just wont read depth

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got word that my 2019 Yamaha 242x the transducer is bad and won't be available until July 2022!!! GRRR.. This sucks because the alarm only mutes for 3 mins and then retrievers. No way to disable. Yamaha really should develop some quick code for the Connext to disable the transducer and alarms so the boat can at least be used in a more enjoyable way (beeping and on screen alerts are constant..)

I really wonder if there is a way to fix the transducer at the component level with alternative components, or a way to trick the CANBUS that it's working.
So is the dealer really saying you have to park a 2 year old boat for almost a year? Have you gone to the Yamaha field rep?