• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

trash can ideas?

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have any innovative ideas for a trash can mod? We are still just using trash bags on the floor of the storage area and would love something more permanent to use.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have one of those collapsible trash cans that I'll take out if there's gonna be a bunch of people on the boat. It collapses to nothing, and you can squeeze it down to stow it away even when there's stuff in it.

Other than that, usually an beverage cans go in the ski locker and we just take a small plastic shopping bag for anything else.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Anyone have any innovative ideas for a trash can mod? We are still just using trash bags on the floor of the storage area and would love something more permanent to use.
We have the Trash Sack and love it. Has 3 suction cups and hangs on the head door and they hold very well. Holds plenty for our purposes, zips up, off the floor and not in the way. Here is the link http://www.trashsack.com. Price is decent. Best garbage can we've had...

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In my mod list you will find a link to a mod someone did to double a drink holder as a trash can. I plan to do this at some point.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have one of those collapsible trash cans that I'll take out if there's gonna be a bunch of people on the boat. It collapses to nothing, and you can squeeze it down to stow it away even when there's stuff in it.

Other than that, usually an beverage cans go in the ski locker and we just take a small plastic shopping bag for anything else.
We use the same thing. And we use those any size "doggie trash bag" dispensers to line it. I make it about 2x the length of the collapsible can and the width is just right that it will secure around the opening. Then we just pull it out, tie it, and put in another when full. Makes emptying at the ramp easy, just put the trash bags in the trash can...

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I put one of those 3M hooks w/ the removable back inside the compartment and every time we're out we just hang a trash bag from it. I was able to put the hook just inside the door on the bottom of the glove box on the side facing the compartment door. Works pretty good for us, it falls off the hook from time to time but after a few things are thrown away it stays in place.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What is a any size "doggie trash bag" dispensers

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone posted an idea to use a drink holder which I then implemented on our boat. I took one of the plastic drink holders in the bow, cut the bottom out, then I insert a black leaf garbage bag up through it and lock it in place. Almost all trash that turns up on our boat can go through that hole including drink bottles, cans, etc. It's a great, and free, solution that only costs the use of one drink holder. The bag holds quite a lot, is completely out of sight, and as the drink holder is recessed behind the seat it doesn't even look bad.

I didn't actually take a photo of it but in this photo you can just see the top of the black bag peeking behind the cushion and below the speaker.

Last edited:

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone posted an idea to use a drink holder which I then implemented on our boat. I took one of the plastic drink holders in the bow, cut the bottom out, then I insert a black leaf garbage bag up through it and lock it in place. Almost all trash that turns up on our boat can go through that hole including drink bottles, cans, etc. It's a great, and free, solution that only costs the use of one drink holder. The bag holds quite a lot, is completely out of sight, and as the drink holder is recessed behind the seat it doesn't even look bad.

I didn't actually take a photo of it but in this photo you can just see the top of the black bag peeking behind the cushion and below the speaker.
I've read this mod before and it is looking like the best option so far. Just wanted to see if anyone else had another innovative mod before committing to this one. This looks easy enough and I can always buy a new drink holder if I wanted to make it stock again. Thanks for the input!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've read this mod before and it is looking like the best option so far. Just wanted to see if anyone else had another innovative mod before committing to this one. This looks easy enough and I can always buy a new drink holder if I wanted to make it stock again. Thanks for the input!
I plan to do this on my boat before next season. Having cut the bottom out of an SS cup holder for my charging port, I remember how hard it Was to do that so maybe I'll cut replace one with a modified plastic version instead.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a small trash can in the helm compartment but it was too small. I purchased a larger can and it sits nicely in there now. It's much better now.

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have the Trash Sack and love it. Has 3 suction cups and hangs on the head door and they hold very well. Holds plenty for our purposes, zips up, off the floor and not in the way. Here is the link http://www.trashsack.com. Price is decent. Best garbage can we've had...
I second the trash sack...we hang it from the tower while beached and it works great. Doesn't leak, and the liners can be washed out if it's not too bad. My wife gave me hell at first for buying it, but now she tells everyone about it!

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a, wait......... trash can. Small one. I stick it in the locker to the left of the helm when we are moving.

Barnackee, He owes me money!

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I usually just have my wife run it through the garbage disposal....

You don't just tap the starter for fun, do you?:) Assuming you overrode the hatch switches.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a full sized kitchen trash can in our storage compartment. It works out quite well. This may be too large for some, but it really is no bother for me.20140704_095232_resized.JPG