• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Rental Property Traveling Tongue Scale

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what is the overall weight on your trailer + boat + regular toys etc ?

zachsdad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat is 2800. Not sure about the trailer. Really don’t have a lot of gear in the boat while traveling.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The trailer is probably close to 1,500lbs. So you are at around 10%. A bit heavy but if your vehicle is below its 80% capacity you are probably okay.
If moving the tongue is really hard to move, then I would not loose much sleep over it. I have towed with 800+lbs tongue weight and I am telling you your truck will tell when it is not happy

zachsdad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I think it’s fine. My camper is 700 tongue weight. The boat is fine behind my truck. My wife’s suv it squats it pretty good. Just wanted to make sure it was right.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the scale is out and about, it would be awesome to check the boat trailer. @Betik is it possible for me to get back on the list?

Mando

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Los Angeles. Can I get inline

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If the scale is still available, I'd love to get back on the list.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Jameson Clark I would like to be after you

Thanks @Betik
Working on getting it to me and then I'll ship it on.

Side note... I thought the process was for anyone who had the scale was responsible for shipping it to the next person in line. Did something change along the way and the person receiving it pays for it? Seems backwards and harder for no reason.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jameson Clark that is probably my fault. More often than not the scale ends up in my house. And my wife is not particularly thrilled that not only we make the scale available, but also pay for shipping around the US :(

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd love to get in line. I'm in Palm Beach (Wellington), FL if anyone else needs in my area.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Went to use the scale today and it appears somewhere along the way, it has gotten messed up. It is giving readings that are way off it seems. Hate this has happened to a scale that was being generously offered to use by a member. @Betik , what would you like to do at this point?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went to use the scale today and it appears somewhere along the way, it has gotten messed up. It is giving readings that are way off it seems. Hate this has happened to a scale that was being generously offered to use by a member. @Betik , what would you like to do at this point?
Toss is away I guess. that Scale has put about 20+ safer trailer on the road so it had a good run :)