• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trip to Siesta Key in May, looking for tips for good places from those who have been.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will heading down mid may to Siesta Key, staying in Condo with a dock so gonna be a max boat time trip! Looking for recommendations for must see/eat places and where to go besides the Big Pass sand bar (seems like every video on Youtube is about it!). Also wondering if an all day trip to Sanibel Island and back is doable, any one know how long it takes for Siesta?

PS I will be doing Cape Coral in Jul so will also take any tips for that area as well!

Thanks all!

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok I give, nobody is FL west coaster? Well I guess I will be able to add value come Jun when I return and even more in Aug!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a link to a thread I started about 2 years ago. While my initial question was around short term storage, it detoured to things to do...

I really enjoy cruising the ICW in that area. Never made it further south than Big Sarasota Pass. Egmont key is nice to explore and hang out on during the week (heard it’s packed on weekends). Avoid Passage Key, it’s a bird sanctuary (very loud), and I believe you are prohibited from stepping on land.

Around Longboat Pass, there is a floating barge that you can purchase a wrist band from and do rope swings, etc into the water (Fun Life Entertainment).

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Using Google Maps, from Big Pass approach marker to Redfish Pass (Captiva) is around 55 miles, then through Pine Island Sound to Sanibel is around another 15 miles.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply, funny I am having a short term storage issue too! The Condo I am staying at has docks but does not allow trailers so... So far looking like $100 for the week at a boat storage place 15 to 20 min away. Have done a ton of You Tube and google maps looking and have a nice general feel for the area. Did you find any pull up and eat places that you really liked? Looks like a long day trip to Sanibel can be done with 25mph in the channel most the way seems ok and if it's nice maybe a dash along the coast.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We actually never ate on the water. It was a goal of mine, but never came to fruition. As the kids have grown, eating on the water has become more of a reality.

This last trip, we didn’t take the boat due to staying at a condo that didn’t allow trailers. This one guy moored his center console about 75yrds offshore in about 6-8ft of water. I asked where his trailer was and he said at the ramp attached to his vehicle. He said every two days he goes and moves his truck.... that was on Longboat, not sure about the ramps in Siesta Key.

$100 for a week isn’t terrible while on vacation. I might want to get the details as to where you are staying for a future trip if you don’t mind.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will likely use the storage place, like you said what $100 on vacation [flag]support the local economy! Sent you a PM with details, will be posting a review on here afterwards in case anyone want to go there.

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Spent the week there last summer. I enjoyed Spanish Point Tiki Bar, the food was good and a good atmosphere. It was also a nice and easy place to dock. I would also say stay away from The Old Salty Dog that some people recommend down there. The food was just OK, nothing to write home about.

Paulie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We spent a week down there with our boat. Rented a house on the canals in siesta. Awesome trip! Favorite place to eat by boat was the dry dock restaurant on longboat key.

Kaiser211

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was in AMI in December 2020. Did some very novice boating as I am new this past year. Egmont Key was good but didn’t explore enough, Passage Key was an easy on and off and the one day many sand dollars. We took ICW from Coquina Beach South Boat Ramp on AMi to Sarasota - probable took over an hour cruising. Found a couple nice beaches to be at as Sarasota Bay opens into Gulf. We didn’t make it to Whiskey Joe’s in Tampa but that looked like a good place to eat on the water. In googling there were places that looked decent in Sarasota and AMI just didn’t have the time.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LMK when you come to CC.

I'm thinking of doing Marco Island this weekend

Kaiser211

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m doing Marco tomorrow - just got a fuel pump issue fixed and heading out. It looks like good weather. How far is Marco for u?

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m doing Marco tomorrow - just got a fuel pump issue fixed and heading out. It looks like good weather. How far is Marco for u?
2.5 hrs from Miami. Usually drop in at Goodland and go around dome houses to Naples Hurricane Pass or find nice beach to pull too.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That looks like a great area for cruising, how long from the up to CC? (OR from CC down to Marco as it will be for me in Jul?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm North of all you guys on the other side of Tampa Bay. If you feel like a ride, check out Island Grille & Raw Bar. This place is awesome. It has been totally redone with outdoor dining, live music and built in swimming pool (great for the kids). We go down there about 5 times a year. Great oyster and Bloody's!!! Have fun...

Last edited:

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We live a little further south. We boat Boca Grande Are. From Venice you could boat down to Cayo Costa for the day. Our favorite beach. Also cabbage Key might be worth the trip if you can run out side. If you have to run the inter coastal not worth as there is a lot of no wake. There is also south beach close to the Boca inlet you can anchor off the beach grab a drink or lunch. May is also Tarpon Season if you want to try your hand at that and Boca Grande is the Capital of world for Tarpon you’ll probably see 100 boats in the pass or close to it on a nice weekend day.
0F5EFD28-0D97-45CD-9B80-909964966A73.jpeg
pic from Cayo Costa

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not from the area but my parents live in Cape Coral and I vacation there when I can. Beautiful area to go boating. Sanibel is really nice but I have limited experience in dining places. I've wanted to go and explore Ft Myers Beach and Lover's Cay areas.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We live in Cape Coral and go up to Sarasota via boat every July. If you have to take the intercoastal it is a long drive to Sanibel. About 41/2 to 5 hrs. It's a nice drive, just long. If you take the Gulf you would be much better off. We always party at Jewfish Key when in Sarasota. Fun place, good people, safe. Just do a Google search and it should come up.
If your going to Cape Coral in July, then I would just wait until then to go to Sanibel. Sanibel beach is nice but N. Captiva beach is even nicer! Google Cabbage Key Restaurant, it's a must go to spot to eat if you are heading out for the day.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you find some good places to stop and eat out there, let us know.

I know Pinellas County pretty good, but not that area.