• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On several previous posts i have mentioned that here in Thailand there are problems locating parts for our Boats so to overcome the problem and as i have had previous engineering experience i luckily came across what i considered to be a Godsend, Quite by chance i happened to be looking around a market in Bangkok and me being the curious type of person i wandered off the so called beaten track and found a warren of small engineering shops and small manufacturers of all sorts of products, I thought i would share my findings with you so you can see how thing's are really done here in Thailand, I will give you a small insight into how my day starts and include photos to help you get the picture, For those who are interested i will add to this everytime i go if i think i have found something that is of interest to you, I hope you like and i hope you will find it interesting.
IMG_2170.JPG
My day starts by dropping off the jeep to get it cleaned and polished, I leave it there all day while i get the Minibus to Bangkok and collect it on my return it's now 6 am, The journey takes about 3 hours and it's not worth driving it costs about $5 and it's comfortable and Airconed and you don't want to be driving in Bangkok.
IMG_2171.JPG
After arriving in Bangkok i get the skytrain that takes me right over the City, It's quick very clean again Airconed and very convenient.

IMG_2172.JPG
This is on the Skytrain going over the City they have something in the window glass to stop the Sun penetration.

IMG_2173.JPG
We leave the skytrain after a journey of about 5 minutes and exit the station.

IMG_2174.JPG
Having left the skytrain i get on the underground below the skytrain station, I travel for about 15 minutes under the City and reach my destination, A short taxi ride and I'm there, Total cost of the trip so far around $9 and i haven't had to drive.

IMG_2175.JPG
I have been coming to this area for a few years now, A few months ago i replaced my reverse gate cable having followed Julians post which was spot on and here i find a cable manufacturer who's shop i had never seen previously, I had a good chat with him in my broken Thai and his Broken English and having watched him make some cables for motorcycles i asked him about Boat cables of which he replied he makes them already and turned out to be half what i paid around $30 for the reverse gate cable, He has all the materials, I cant understand why i never found him before but it's a hive of small companies.
IMG_2176.JPG
This is a selection of all the different cables he makes to any size and application you need

IMG_2177.JPG
This is his workshop and if you look just underneath the white plastic bag on the top right of this Photo you will see some of the Boat cables he makes for some of the shops on the coast.

IMG_2178.JPG IMG_2179.JPG
These are some of the small shops selling small engineering parts, Taps dies drills cutters grinding parts you name it and you will find it here, I walk all day looking around you never know what you find.

IMG_2180.JPG
They just lead from 1 street to the next, It was the kings Birthday on the day i went so i didn't realize many places were closed as there were places i wanted to show you but next time i go i will be able to illustrate better as it will be in full swing, I got home about 7.30 pm tired but had a great day just wandering about and managed to buy a few bits and pieces, Sometimes i grab a Hotel for the night and make a good weekend of it, I hope you enjoyed a small insight into a culture that still exists where you can see parts made before they stamp Marine on the Box.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool. When I lived in Madrid, there was a Flea Market every Sunday called the Rastro (if I recall correctly), and if you went into the back streets around it you also found some more eclectic stands with all sorts of strange items. They have similar sorts of shops all over here in India (where I am right now), but not many making boat cables in Bangalore (no boating here).

@Geoff Cooper Must be fun to browse!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool. When I lived in Madrid, there was a Flea Market every Sunday called the Rastro (if I recall correctly), and if you went into the back streets around it you also found some more eclectic stands with all sorts of strange items. They have similar sorts of shops all over here in India (where I am right now), but not many making boat cables in Bangalore (no boating here).

@Geoff Cooper Must be fun to browse!
Yes i love to go and spend a few hours just looking around it costs very little and you never know what you find, I just thought i would start a post where maybe the interested members can have a read for a few minutes, I hope they enjoy it.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
THIS IS SUPER KEWL, Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to both of y'all ! And hey Geoff ..... Many Thanks for starting this. And "More ! More !" (LOL !)

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

SINGING - A - X3.jpg

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pleased you like it i thought maybe some would find it boring but next time i go i will bring you up to date, As it was the Kings birthday most places were closed unfortunately.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is very interesting. I enjoyed the pictures of the travel as well. I used to love going through junk yards now you can't really find them any more like they used to be. I bet just looking at all that stuff is fun. I may not buy much but it gives me ideas and now I know more about what is available. My dad always liked going to Ham fests and just look for old parts to build radios etc. Good times for sure!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is very interesting. I enjoyed the pictures of the travel as well. I used to love going through junk yards now you can't really find them any more like they used to be. I bet just looking at all that stuff is fun. I may not buy much but it gives me ideas and now I know more about what is available. My dad always liked going to Ham fests and just look for old parts to build radios etc. Good times for sure!
I used to go to many Ham fests in England when i was there, There are places in Bangkok that are just dedicated to radio equipment i found those a few years ago and they are still there now alive and kicking, I will put some better Photos on next time as the places will be open when i go again.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very cool. I love the differences in other cultures. I've been able to see a lot of other cultures that most people don't get to see. It's amazing the mentality of most people here in the US that think the whole world is the same as their neighborhood.

Keep it coming!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool. I love the differences in other cultures. I've been able to see a lot of other cultures that most people don't get to see. It's amazing the mentality of most people here in the US that think the whole world is the same as their neighborhood.

Keep it coming!
Yes your right same as those in England, I love Thai culture and i never stop learning about this country, I've been here for a long time and the people here are some of the kindest in the world, They will always help you and they don't know the meaning of the word no, The further you go into the country the more primitive it gets and i often just go for a few days and spend time with the local Farmers and they are really pleased if you sit and have food with them, Some have never seen a white man and want to touch your white skin to see if you feel different to them.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow, what a great place to browse and find all sorts of things! A guys paradise! Thanks for the tour!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Keep it coming!
You have to learn and adapt to the culture many people come here and expect Thailand to change to there way of thinking and that will never happen, When you get away from the Cities and Tourist places you see the real Thailand culture and here's a few examples of the food you see when you visit the real Thailand, I hope you like, Remember if you eat what they eat you never get sick but don't expect them to cook western food for you or you will get sick!

Fish skin in pepper.jpg
Fish skin in pepper

Chicken cooked in fish sauce and Coca Cola-1.jpg
Chicken cooked in Fish sauce and Coca Cola

Fruit seller_001.jpg
My local fruit seller he's from Burma

Breakfast_001.jpg
A good healthy Breakfast Pork and vegetables , Egg Pork Chicken and Chickens feet cooked in Chinese 5 spice Boiled rice.

A little more insight into Thailand.

Attachments

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are awesome pics @Geoff Cooper. I'd love to see it firsthand, but I think the food would scare me off. ;)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are awesome pics @Geoff Cooper. I'd love to see it firsthand, but I think the food would scare me off. ;)
The food is delicious you have to learn the Thai way then they will accept you, I have been to many places in the world and never had Boating like here, The Seas are always calm and there are so many Islands to investigate, There is always so much to learn and different thing's to try, There are plenty of other foods to eat i just let you see a few samples to wet your appetite so to speak.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pictures @Geoff Cooper :) right up until the food :( I am a very picky eater (don't ask my family or they will go on and on about it!) The sights and culture would be awesome to see. I am just afraid that I might not make it through eating.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm the same way...was with you until the food...chicken feet? :dead:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pictures and write up. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pictures @Geoff Cooper :) right up until the food :( I am a very picky eater (don't ask my family or they will go on and on about it!) The sights and culture would be awesome to see. I am just afraid that I might not make it through eating.
There are plenty of other foods to try and many Restaurants serving Italian and European foods or you can suffer a KFC or Mcdonalds if the worst comes to the worst, I was just showing you what Thai people eat there is a vast range of foods here to choose from so even if your picky you will find something to eat.