• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling Motor Batteries in Console Nook - pictures?

megalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'm hoping to install two group 31 (Duracell from Sam's) deep cycle batteries in the changing room nook, but there's no way to do it without hanging the batteries off the edge by a couple inches. I've considered fastening a board of some sort and then bolting the battery trays to that.

If anyone has batteries installed in that area, can you please post pictures? What batteries and trays?

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Next time on the boat I'll take a picture. Mine hang over just a little

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Mine too. I mounted them on trays and the trays hang over just a bit. With the goofy shape of the Optimas I used, I got the best use of space by angling them together at the nose.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm hoping to install two group 31 (Duracell from Sam's) deep cycle batteries in the changing room nook, but there's no way to do it without hanging the batteries off the edge by a couple inches. I've considered fastening a board of some sort and then bolting the battery trays to that.

If anyone has batteries installed in that area, can you please post pictures? What batteries and trays?
Here is a triple battery and 3 bank charger for a 36 V Riptide forward of the change room. Dealer installed IMG_1643.JPG IMG_1640.JPGIMG_1641.JPG

Xwinger61

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Question how heavy is your charger if it is a charger on the wall? I have a 4 bank and wanted to hang it on the wall but not sure if the wall is strong enough to hold it. I wanted to mount on the right side just behind the step.

thanks for any info

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Question how heavy is your charger if it is a charger on the wall? I have a 4 bank and wanted to hang it on the wall but not sure if the wall is strong enough to hold it. I wanted to mount on the right side just behind the step.

thanks for any info
Dealer installed it so I dont know the weight but if you go to the minnkota website and check out the model I'm sure they would list the dimensions and weight. Probably could compare it to the 4 bank you are looking at installing. My plug exits the console above the angled foot rest and is a great location as it is out of the way.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

thanks for any info
I checked for you. 8 lbs.

Xwinger61

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks was trying to figure out if that wall its mounted on is fiberglass or plastic and the thickness. My NOCO 4 bank is 15 lbs. Did you put covers on your batteries and put in boxes or just put terminal covers on? Some one said only terminal covers were required by regulations?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks was trying to figure out if that wall its mounted on is fiberglass or plastic and the thickness. My NOCO 4 bank is 15 lbs. Did you put covers on your batteries and put in boxes or just put terminal covers on? Some one said only terminal covers were required by regulations?
Wow. Thats twice the weight of mine for one more bank so I get your concern over the hull mount. Maybe use a strong adhesive to mount some base material you can then screw the charger to. No covers on my batteries or even terminal caps. Installed by the dealer so I assume they know the regs. I'm in Ontario Canada so maybe the regs are different. I dont keep anything down there to short out the terminals but will cover them anyway just in case.

Xwinger61

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
ya so i I bolted 2 1x4x12" Hard Red Oak boards to the side right behind the step. Used 2 #12 screws stainless steal. Then mounted a 2x4 on the bottom. If you look at the pic you'll all that is also sitting on a 1/4 rubber Mat I mounted to the floor. Not only to help as a cushion but help keep up out of any water. Then I rested the charger on the 2x4 and screwed it to the oak boards This way most the weight is on the 2x4. I mounted the 2 batteries in the nook like you did 2 of yours. cables from charger make it there with no issues. Batteries are held in place by a strap each that go over each battery box. And I added another strap to go around both to keep them from sliding back at all. Thanks for your help & info.

Rick1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Some one said only terminal covers were required by regulations?
Terminal covers are required by the Coastguard. What I learned is there is no spec for them, so when I was inspected the nice inspector asked "Do you have electrical tape?" I taped them and passed. But it is a good idea to have them covered to avoid accidentally bridging a connection.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
ya so i I bolted 2 1x4x12" Hard Red Oak boards to the side right behind the step. Used 2 #12 screws stainless steal. Then mounted a 2x4 on the bottom. If you look at the pic you'll all that is also sitting on a 1/4 rubber Mat I mounted to the floor. Not only to help as a cushion but help keep up out of any water. Then I rested the charger on the 2x4 and screwed it to the oak boards This way most the weight is on the 2x4. I mounted the 2 batteries in the nook like you did 2 of yours. cables from charger make it there with no issues. Batteries are held in place by a strap each that go over each battery box. And I added another strap to go around both to keep them from sliding back at all. Thanks for your help & info.

RickView attachment 62771 View attachment 62772 View attachment 62773 View attachment 62774
Looks good. That'll do it. Nice and neat and secure.