• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling motor mount for Yamaha 195 series boats - Non Fishing

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've seen this discussed in other forums but was wondering if anyone has come up with a mount for a trolling motor for the newer 19 foot boats. Thinking AR195 or 195S? We don't do a lot of fishing but thought it might make the boat a little more usable during the cooler months. Plus provide a backup to the single engine. We use the boat year round here in Texas.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am looking to mount a trolling motor to our 2019 AR195. Looking to reduce hours but also reduce Co2 while trolling. I would like to be able to mount it somewhere where I can still put the cover on. Some of the mounts I have seen here show a mounting bracket sticking out the side of the boat, which isn't ideal. Anyone come up with any solution for a trolling motor on these style boats? We also use the boat heavily for swimming/surfing/skiing/etc., so a removable motor would be something I am looking to do as well. Thoughts anyone?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Minn Kota bow mounts have a "puck" mount that literally leaves nothing more than a smooth puck on your bow. This was to allow fisherman to remove the motor and still get a cover on.

Albeit, you still need to build up the base under the puck to level it at trolling speeds. From what i have seen, folks took long bolts on each corner of the puck and sleeved them with heavy PVC with an inside diameter the same as the bolt's outside diameter. This allowed them to shape the ends of the PVC to match the curvature of the bow and keep the bolts straight up and down. Flat on the tops side of the PVC, under the puck, and curved to match the hull on the bottom.

This was documented on a 210 class Yamaha on the "other site" I was truly intrigued, but didn't want to give up bow space to batteries. But I am having second thoughts now, as I want to fish more. And my bow filler cushions do have that nice seadeck back on them for a fishing platform.

Good luck!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, I stole these photos off the other site. DM me for a link, as I am unsure if I can share that here. But we are all adults and know how to use search for "Trolling Motor" over there if needed.

I like the install, and may consider it on my boat. As I love the comfort of our boat over a 16' Lund. It's just not a good walleye boat.

21D3D0D0-6AE0-4133-918F-CD1BF659779B.jpg53F670CC-314D-4FA2-9A50-B5826D5F5C31.jpg733E47B0-4A70-4C5E-81A1-876DF0822B48.jpgA03E9043-17C2-45A8-8FFB-13103CF569AD.jpgAD1C1DCC-F1DE-41B9-983F-B50183072EAB.jpgE2829562-DAB2-4DFA-BC4A-F28536BEF927.jpg

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I didnt want to drill any holes in my hull so I sacrificed the anchor locker door. Figured we could fill those holes and put a seadek mat over it when I sell the boat. We fabricated a base out of star board and mounted the Minnkota puck to that on top of the door. I dont have any pics at the moment. You can store the motor in the ski locker when not in use which is a huge help. Been doing this for 7 years now. Keep in mind with no out drive or steering device in the water the ass can get moved around by wind. Thats my only complaint is the wind blowing us off track.
20170717_133518.jpg

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a lot of force on the door. The hinges are holding up fine? I would guess if not, you would have stopped using it years ago.

Nice work!

It's crazy contemplating this again, as I would love to have a trolling motor. Small 14' lund with a 10-15hp motor are $1200-2000. Heck, a 60" 24v Minn Kota is more than that. Hmmm.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just Do it, its the greatest thing to have a nice comfy boat that fishes. We have guys fishing while the girls are drinking:thumbsup: so all are happy. If the hinges go bad I will replace them. Thats short $$ but theres things you can can do to help them.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Evil Sports Do you have some additional pictures such as the sides and top down. It also looks like you have some wing nuts on the lid. Could you elaborate? Is that for additional strength? Are they only on one side? Where did you run your power to, a port ?

How long of a shaft and how many lbs of thrust?

This looks fantastic, I am very interested.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Those were to offer support for the hinges, they are not in use any more. There is power in the side, I will show a pic. Its a 60 shaft 24V 80# thrust. I highly recommend the motors with auto pilot function as you can set the motor to go in a direction and it tries to stay on track. You just adjust the speed and can pay attention to fishing not standing on a peddle all day. I have 2 dedicated trolling motor batteries and 1 house battery. A 3 bank Procharge onboard charger covers all of them. I spent a ton of time thinking and configuring this set up. I even had a center post fishing seat put in the front but it just seem to get in the way so its been deleted. Also had a small fish finder installed under one of the front jump seats to connect to the trolling motor, never use it.
Let me see if I can get more pics or a video this weekend.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would be awesome. I have a triple bank pro mariner that I never installed but got it for this scenario. I was also thinking about a front seat, wasn't sure if it would just be a pain.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yeah skip the front seat, It totally clogs up the bow and becomes a storage issue. I also removed my front cushions, had starboard deck pieces cut to fit and covered them with a form of seadek so you can stand on either side of the bow and fish. I will show that mod as well. Who ever gets my boat will have virtually brand new front seats. And get the Trolling motor that has a remote, its fun fishing off the back of the boat and being able to control it from there.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely looking forward to those pictures and open to any additional advice or gotchya's I am encounter.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thats the exact one I have but 7 years older. Not sure you will ever need the sonar. I thought I would but there isn't really a good place for one up front. If I get a new one I will opt out of the sonar if I can and save that extra $$. If you plan to store rods in the ski locker the biggest I can fit is 6.3, not many good places to store rods out of the way. Im a big fan of these, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3WRLBJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to protect my seats and passengers from rods stored in the cabin.

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the correct shaft length for a AR195 everyone is using?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not that I recommend it, but you should see the amount of guys that fish solo up here with those motors.

To avoid the hassle of tying up their boat at the landing, they literally hop off, and run their $50k-$80K fishing boats out away from the landing and spot lock them with the remote while they go get their truck! That a liability, but they are not clogging up the landing.

Then they run them back to the dock, jump on, fire up the big motor and power load.