• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trophy Point System Problems <FIXED NOW!>

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Our apologies for the issues members are facing with the Trophy points the system is awarding, or not awarding.

I have been made aware of a number of issues where members are not getting the proper trophies, and I am also aware where members are getting awarded trophies when they haven't met a requirement. I am going to have to log tickets on this with Xenforo and this likely won't be a quick fix.

Again, sorry for the issues we are facing. I will continue to work on this as time permits.

It does look like post count awards are working.
Post Rating awards are not working properly.
Anniversary awards are not working properly.
I had to delete some awards that are no longer supported.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for the update as I received the 250 likes trophy and I'm currently at 212, if that helps in isolating the bug at all.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for the update as I received the 250 likes trophy and I'm currently at 212, if that helps in isolating the bug at all.
Ya, this is what mine did. A little premature. I PM'ed @Julian this info.
Screenshot_20190327-102347_Chrome.jpg

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m here for the great people and knowledge not trophies 😃

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I deserve a trophie for putting up with all you Yamas :winkingthumbsup"

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Julian when you fix the bug, I demand you grandfather my “500 Likes Trophy” that was awarded today. I pay my taxes, my kids were admitted to college fairly ... don’t take this away from me!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Um... I will go ahead and keep my 2500 likes I was awarded. That officially means I’m liked here more than any where else!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The over counted like trophies are counting likes given instead of or as well as likes received.

There is an issue between the Post Ratings add-on and the forum software that is causing this.

Once we upgrade to XF 2.1 Post Ratings will be replaced by Reactions. So the question becomes fix this now then again with 2.1 or make the upgrade and fix it one less time.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We may want to figure out what the problem is otherwise the 2.1 upgrade might either prolong the problem or foul up the upgrade....
We will have to port and recreate the entire Post Ratings system after a 2.1 upgrade. I am doubtful than Xenforo’s Reactions system will import data from the current third party add-on. The positive is that with Reactions (Ratings) and Trophies both handled by official forum software they should work together correctly.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know how you guys handle all the forum upgrades and stuff, in your "free" time! Kudos and thank you.
Hopefully everyone here will be understanding of "growing pains" and glitches, I can tell you this forum runs way smoother than some billion dollar software packages we run at work (can't name it here) - this is smooth sailing!

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We will have to port and recreate the entire Post Ratings system after a 2.1 upgrade. I am doubtful than Xenforo’s Reactions system will import data from the current third party add-on. The positive is that with Reactions (Ratings) and Trophies both handled by official forum software they should work together correctly.
So in the meantime we could do one of 2 things:
  1. Nothing until we upgrade
  2. Delete all the post ratings trophies and rebuild the cache (effectively eliminating the offending trophies for now)

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, man, and here I thought I was really kicking ass. Hauling in awards left and right!

LOL. Deal with it or not as you see fit. Cheers!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So in the meantime we could do one of 2 things:
  1. Nothing until we upgrade
  2. Delete all the post ratings trophies and rebuild the cache (effectively eliminating the offending trophies for now)
I believe #2 is a bad idea as we are likely to want all those ratings in the next iteration. I doubt that the post ratings add-on will work correctly with Xenforo’s trophy system. So we would need to remove the add-on and go back to just having like as an option to make trophies work correctly in XF 2.0.

Upgrading to 2.1 and implementing reactions is likely the best option but that will require time from both of us. My time to upgrade, port the post ratings data to reactions in the database and fix other add-ons that may have issues and your time to test and possibly recreate the trophies.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know if I am helping or hindering...my current trophie points show 293. in reality I have 223. No hurry here. You guys are awesome with all you have to do to keep thing running smoothly.

Screenshot_20190328-063205_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190328-063223_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if that Bot with the off topic link yesterday morning retaliated. I see the thread was deleated. I did not click on the link. But things got funny at 9:59am.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't know if I am helping or hindering...my current trophie points show 293. in reality I have 223. No hurry here. You guys are awesome with all you have to do to keep thing running smoothly.

View attachment 90495 View attachment 90496

I wonder if that Bot with the off topic link yesterday morning retaliated. I see the thread was deleated. I did not click on the link. But things got funny at 9:59am.
Unrelated....yesterday morning I was fixing and correcting Trophy setups and re running the jobs that calculate them. One of our addons is messing with the default system counts.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The forum is upgraded to XF 2.1.1 and the old Post Ratings system is ported to official Reactions.

Some members continue to have trophies that they have not earned.

I suspect that the rebuild option does not revoke trophies that were previously given.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I deleted all trophies awarded after March 21st then reawarded trophies. I believe the trophy counts are accurate now.