• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trouble fitting Fortress FX-7 in 2020 242SE?

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got my 2020 242SE a couple of weeks ago. The anchor I chose for it was the Fortress FX-7. I had the same anchor on my previous boat (Hurricane 2400 OB) and loved it. Researched posts here and didn't see any complaints about the FX-7 fitting in the anchor locker (short of trimming off a small amount from the crossbar) so I figured I'd be OK. Got it, trimmed off about 3/4" and it fits, but not quite... I didn't think to take any pictures but it doesn't hang from the two supports because the shank is too long, maybe by an inch or so, and I can't safely close the anchor locker door.

I can make it fit if I were to cut off the bottom of the anchor where the chain currently attaches and then drill a new hole for the shackle to attach. Any trouble in doing so? I do recall a post where someone mentioned something similar but I thought it was a different boat.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think most ppl put the anchor in under a seat. I don’t know of an anchor that will hold the boat that fits in that hole. My anchor locker holds spring floats.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got an FX7 in my 2015 AR240 anchor locker. Should be the same size as yours. I had to move the hangers that the crossbar sits on about an inch up by redrilling the holes. I also replaced the rubber bumpers on the bottom of the locker door with some epdm weatherstripping to hold it in place. I've got pictures somewhere. I'll post them if I can dig them up.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Strongly suggest you search this site on anchor locker padding / protection if you plan to keep your anchor there. Plenty of cases of significant external gelcoat damage from anchor bouncing around inside the locker on these boats.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got my 2020 242SE a couple of weeks ago. The anchor I chose for it was the Fortress FX-7. I had the same anchor on my previous boat (Hurricane 2400 OB) and loved it. Researched posts here and didn't see any complaints about the FX-7 fitting in the anchor locker (short of trimming off a small amount from the crossbar) so I figured I'd be OK. Got it, trimmed off about 3/4" and it fits, but not quite... I didn't think to take any pictures but it doesn't hang from the two supports because the shank is too long, maybe by an inch or so, and I can't safely close the anchor locker door.

I can make it fit if I were to cut off the bottom of the anchor where the chain currently attaches and then drill a new hole for the shackle to attach. Any trouble in doing so? I do recall a post where someone mentioned something similar but I thought it was a different boat.
I shortened the shank and put a new hole/slot in it and it fits perfect and works flawlessly.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've got an FX7 in my 2015 AR240 anchor locker. Should be the same size as yours. I had to move the hangers that the crossbar sits on about an inch up by redrilling the holes. I also replaced the rubber bumpers on the bottom of the locker door with some epdm weatherstripping to hold it in place. I've got pictures somewhere. I'll post them if I can dig them up.
Awesome thanks. Was thinking about doing this or shortening the shank as @Pro Build did.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wouldn’t work in my ‘18 242. The Fx7 is simply too long. I removed the rubber bumpers completely and the hatch still would not close. The shank needs to shortened, probably by 1/2-3/4”.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found pics from when I moved my anchor hangers up for the FX7 if it helps anyone. The shank on my FX7 clears the hull with about 1/2" to spare and will hit the divider before it swings forward far enough to hit the inside of the hull. You can see from the pics about how far I moved them. I moved it both up and back to line it up with the brace on the anchor locker as it was poorly aligned from the factory. Replaced the rubber bumpers with short sections of EPDM weather striping you can see in the picture. Everything has been in place for 2 years, including a trip to the Gulf, without issue.

20180611_213427.jpg20180611_213616.jpg20180611_213831.jpg20180611_213957.jpg

Attachments

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’m about to do that very thing with my 2012 242!