• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trouble winterizing

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am having trouble winterizing my 165 impulse. I mixed up the antifreeze and attached a hose to the port just to the left of the jet drive. Started the boat and using a drill mounted pump I tried to feed the the antifreeze into the unit. It wouldn’t take it, am I doing something wrong?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hmmm that's all you have to do. I did my 165 and it worked no problem. Drill pump actually pumping?

I did have to wait for a few seconds before it started pouring out, but I had no issues pumping 2 gallons through.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Also those drill pumps go only one way of course. :) Sorry, just ruling out the obvious first.

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was pumping the right way, there was a minor leak from the hose going from the drill to the boat. Is there a plug in there that has to be removed first?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
No plug for me. It really was that simple. Flash a light in the hole to see if there are any obstructions? Otherwise, sorry, I'm just no expert.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried a drill pump a few years back on my seadoo boat and it never worked, just wasnt strong enough. I ended up rigging up a bilge pump with a hose connection and it works great.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Get a Salt Away mixing attachment and use the water pressure from your home spigot.

Attachments

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got it to work with the drill,

Beside flushing through the port, changing the oil, and pulling the battery. Is there anything else i should do ?

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you spray your entire Engine compartment (to include the engine) and the out drive area with a protectant (CRC or something similar)? Gas stabilizer (Marine 360)? Also, in the repository there are some videos and helpful tips for winterization..

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i would also clean and wax the boat, condition all the seats... etc....

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Check all clamps on hoses so it's good to go in the spring. Inspect spark plugs and potentially change them. Finally, change antifreeze every 2 years (so presumably next year for you since it's your first year).

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check all clamps on hoses so it's good to go in the spring. Inspect spark plugs and potentially change them. Finally, change antifreeze every 2 years (so presumably next year for you since it's your first year).
I wouldn't change plugs until you pull it out in the spring and run the boat. let some of the old gas / stabilizer burn off then change plugs.... also, I put some bounce sheets under the cover and I have a moisture absorbing contraption ( see link below). its usually filled with water in the spring.

http://www.drizair.com/retailers.html

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did wash wax the entire boat as well as put sea foam in the tank with fresh gas filled all the way up/. Do I have to do anything with the supercharger?