• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trouble with Scarab Trailer Bunks?

SCARAB_CDR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone have issues with the carpeting on the trailer bunks wearing through? I have a 2018 195 HO Platinum and when I was washing it last time I noticed a bunch of scrapes on the underside of the hull. They lined up with the bunk. Next time I launched it I checked and sure enough on one side the carpet had worn completely through. The other side was almost gone. See pics. This boat is less than a year old and has under 50 hours on it; there's no way it should be wearing through already.

I emailed Scarab but have so far heard nothing. Complicating this, I'm moving up to the Puget Sound area. Anyone have a reputable and competent Scarab dealer in the Seattle/Tacoma area they recommend?

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
And that's only since your hull is white. Mine is black and you can see all the scuff marks in plain view

kxracer1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
b.little@beneteau-group.com bretty is a customer service rep at scarab that i have been working with our 255 since our selling dealer will no longer service our boat since they are not a scarab dealer any more

mferrari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Try getting the trailer a little deeper if possible. Just looks like wear from friction.