• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tube Tow Rope length

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, this is a potentially stupid question but I can't find the answer so I am asking it here.

I am a new boat owner and have never towed a tube. I have read the various forums and seen the debate about towing a tube from the tower vs tow hook. I have seen an almost universal recommendation to have tow ropes longer than 60 feet. I saw on a recent forum that someone has a 60 foot and adds two 10 foot sections.

So the question is how is this done especially since all of the tow ropes I can find are 60 feet in length? If you have to use two ropes, what knots are used to connect the ropes together? I saw one reference where someone used a double sheepbend knot to connect ropes together but I am looking for some additional validation that this is safe/works etc.

I have a new HO Extreme 3 person tube and have bought 2ea. 60 foot 4K tow ropes to use. I am just trying to get prepared for when we're ready to start tubing.

Thanks in advance for helping and feel free to poke fun, I have a good sense of humor and thick skin!

Ok, this is a potentially stupid question but I can't find the answer so I am asking it here.

I am a new boat owner and have never towed a tube. I have read the various forums and seen the debate about towing a tube from the tower vs tow hook. I have seen an almost universal recommendation to have tow ropes longer than 60 feet. I saw on a recent forum that someone has a 60 foot and adds two 10 foot sections.

So the question is how is this done especially since all of the tow ropes I can find are 60 feet in length? If you have to use two ropes, what knots are used to connect the ropes together? I saw one reference where someone used a double sheepbend knot to connect ropes together but I am looking for some additional validation that this is safe/works etc.

I have a new HO Extreme 3 person tube and have bought 2ea. 60 foot 4K tow ropes to use. I am just trying to get prepared for when we're ready to start tubing.

Thanks in advance for helping and feel free to poke fun, I have a good sense of humor and thick skin!
The multi section ropes that are 10 to 15 feet long have a loop woven on each end. Basically you put the short rope through the loop on the end of the long rope and then back through the loop on the other end of the short rope.

70 ft. Use a "Cat's paw" knot to connect the lengths together.

It also depends on how you tube. If you pull small kids with the tube riding mostly behind the boat I found that 70-75' was just out of the jet spray and much easier on the tube riders eyes. If the tube is getting whipped side to side I go back to the shorter 40-60' since the tube is only behind the boat in the spray for seconds at a time. Plus it is far easier to whip the tube with the shorter rope. Cam.

Yep, we go 75' but have sections that reduce the length to 60' and 45'.... can really whip that tube around at 45'! lol!

My tow rope is 60 feet.

Also, it's recommend to tow tubes from the tow hook and not the tower. I think it's because of weight (because you have more people on the tubes generally, which equals more weight).

My tow rope is 60 feet.

Also, it's recommend to tow tubes from the tow hook and not the tower. I think it's because of weight (because you have more people on the tubes generally, which equals more weight).
Yep, our tower is rated at 250# max weight....

So where do you buy these 4K multi sectional ropes or do you make them???

Last edited:
does anyone know a source for 10' lengths of 4 person tube ropes? I see ropes that come with 10' sections but I already have a 60' 4K rope. I checked JBP and Overtons

Back