• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tubing storage when inflated on 2018 SX190

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have ideas how or where to stow your tube or any inflatable on boat with out having to deflate and inflate over and over again especially when you have a full house on your boat?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it depends on what you want to do while the tube isn't being used, If I'm running around at full speed I have a short string that I loop to the tube and loop on the ski hook at the walk thru that keep the tube about halfway up the swim deck and it won't blow up and down,

If we're doing other water stuff at slower speeds I have a slightly longer string that I loop it to the mid cleat

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
it depends on what you want to do while the tube isn't being used, If I'm running around at full speed I have a short string that I loop to the tube and loop on the ski hook at the walk thru that keep the tube about halfway up the swim deck and it won't blow up and down,

If we're doing other water stuff at slower speeds I have a slightly longer string that I loop it to the mid cleat

Ditto. I do the same. Also, If I am staying in a relatively small area between pulling tubes, etc and anchoring I leave a milk jug filled with rocks dropped down with a rope that I hook the inflatables onto. Never had a problem with anyone messing with them.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could put it on top of the bimini top? That's sort of the issue of the 19 footers (and tubes in general), there just nowhere to out them. Even on my 23 foot we struggle with places for the inflateables with people on board.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-ar195-with-questions.14516/

This thread has a couple pics of the setup.

I believe I have seen it in a similar position in Yamaha promotional material but I can not find a pic to verify.

I would guess that is the intended alternate use for the swim platform as otherwise it is a good chunk of space to waste while the boat is in motion.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve found this to really be the only spot semi out of the way looped to cleat and ski tow handle and hung to one side to leave part of the step through and one side of the transom open for boarding until we anchor or deploy the tube for use...3667CD57-FCC4-4497-A830-425469E328A2.jpeg

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I use tube keepers and put in my swim platform.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
same issue on my 240. Granted I have that HUGE three person tube from Costco.

FYI when we launched on saturday I nearly flipped my boat or at least it felt like it. The tube was under inflated so it sucked water up onto the swim deck when I floored the motors.
at about 9 mph the bow swung up enough that my wife was hanging by a bow handle. Eased up on 9 mph and it did it again. I lengthened the rope on the tube but it was slowing the boat down as it was acting like an anchor when towing. (again underinflated). I filled it up with air and left it on the swim deck and had no more issues.

I love my sweeping tower but wish it was more like the E series tower so I could tie the tube up there.

Note: I have the huge tube because my kids are too small to be out there w/o an adult holding them.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a couple of 2-person tubes that are about 60" in diameter. When moving about the lake with it inflated, I use a 6' bungee dock line as they have loops on both ends and stretch nicely. I hook one loop to the rear cleat, then string the line through a couple of handles, and attach the other end on the other cleat. That always holds it there ready for use when needed.

Here's a link to the line: https://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHDL-4-Bungee-Dockline-Feet/dp/B0012RJTUW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536087332&sr=8-1&keywords=bungee+dock+line

David Endrizzi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tie mine on to the swim platform using a dock line. I loop the dock line through one of the rear grab handles in the rear of the cockpit, thread it through two of the handles on the tube and tie the other end of the dock line to the grab handle on the other side of the boat. I leave it lose enough so that the tube is on the swim platform and not coming into the cockpit at all.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tie mine on to the swim platform using a dock line. I loop the dock line through one of the rear grab handles in the rear of the cockpit, thread it through two of the handles on the tube and tie the other end of the dock line to the grab handle on the other side of the boat. I leave it lose enough so that the tube is on the swim platform and not coming into the cockpit at all.
Not the best pic of it, but I have had an extra cleat installed here (red arrow in the picture) for tying up tubes - in my last 190 and the new 240.
Works great for tying up a tube, inverted, onto the swim deck for transport, never an issue with cruising (at any speed). The ski hook is too far back for those large tubes not to overhang.
upload_2018-9-22_9-24-57.png

--

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not the best pic of it, but I have had an extra cleat installed here (red arrow in the picture) for tying up tubes - in my last 190 and the new 240.
Works great for tying up a tube, inverted, onto the swim deck for transport, never an issue with cruising (at any speed). The ski hook is too far back for those large tubes not to overhang.
View attachment 83587

--
@swatski is that cleat reinforced? Is that just 2 bolt holes and a surface cleat or did you put in a retractable cleat?

I have some interest in more info, if you think about it sometime when you’re on the boat. (Don’t make a special trip, though). :)

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don't know for certain whether it would work on your boat, but on ours we put our tube up on top of the tower/bimini when not in use. Best spot we've found to get it out of the way.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 83587

--
Yet another clever Swatski idea. I may need to look into it.

My current setup is to just lay the tube on the swim platform up against the seats. I run a dock line from cleat to cleat through the handles. Has worked well for me, but a bit awkward to tie it up.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski is that cleat reinforced? Is that just 2 bolt holes and a surface cleat or did you put in a retractable cleat?

I have some interest in more info, if you think about it sometime when you’re on the boat. (Don’t make a special trip, though). :)
This is a simple plastic cleat bolted through w/no reinforcements. Obviously - not meant for towing, or mooring, just to hold an inflated tube down. No issues w/years of use by now.

--