• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TVW installed, expoxy question

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Install went pretty good. Having an extra set of eyes (the wife) helped fix a dumb mistake. I installed the upstops wrong on the port side. Luckily it had only been an hour or so and was able to pop them off and get it all cleaned up with razors.

When I bought these, I also bought some JB Weld Marine. Since I was out of the kit packs I used the JB Weld.

I noticed that the JB Weld was taking longer to get tacky. I mixed equal parts as the directions said.

Before I attempt to take the boat out, maybe some reassurance that the JB will be ok and will set up over night.

Attachments

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Quite an install right? It took me all last Memorial Day Weekend and I let it set 48 hrs before trying it out. It set nicely during the install I didn't think it would hold, but it did fine. The TVW didn't work for my model..it was so hard to steer it was dangerous. I was really looking forward to the innovation and Will was great at trying different parts, but I had to return them..couldn't get the steering corrected.
I hope they work for you. Happy Boating!